Leon Mk3 Back seat measurement help

Leondad

Mar 9, 2021
Hi, I need some help if anyone would be so kind, I’ve put a deposit down on a 2019 Mk3 Leon FR (which I can get out of if this measurement is not enough 😂)

Could someone do me a massive favour and literally get a tape measure out and measure the total width of the back seats, I’d go to a showroom and do but covid etc etc....

I need to double check it’s as wide as what I currently have for the school run (the overall car measurement is just need the actual seats)

many many many potential thanks 🙏

Leon Dad 🙏👍

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I can measure mine on my lunch break if no one else has let you know but I do have a Cupra ST, I'm pretty sure they're identical to the FR hatch rear seats maybe different material lol

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Is this close enough?

Attachments

• BF24DD40-7C9E-417E-8819-6155FA7A2D79.jpeg
    BF24DD40-7C9E-417E-8819-6155FA7A2D79.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Awww, that's made me feel bad now 😔😆
I'll measure mine at lunch to see what the difference is between mine and yours... you'll never take away my ability to use a tape measure for random things. I was built for measuring stuff haha

Reactions: Leondad

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'll measure mine at lunch to see what the difference is between mine and yours... you'll never take away my ability to use a tape measure for random things. I was built for measuring stuff haha
Good idea!! I'm notoriously inaccurate with a measuring device, but Mrs Seriously reckons all men are.......;):eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Jimbobcook

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi, I need some help if anyone would be so kind, I’ve put a deposit down on a 2019 Mk3 Leon FR (which I can get out of if this measurement is not enough 😂)

Could someone do me a massive favour and literally get a tape measure out and measure the total width of the back seats, I’d go to a showroom and do but covid etc etc....

I need to double check it’s as wide as what I currently have for the school run (the overall car measurement is just need the actual seats)

many many many potential thanks 🙏

Leon Dad 🙏👍
What's the actual problem? Is it regards child seats? I'm sure there are lots of parents on here who can help.

Leondad

Mar 9, 2021
Did you get the chance?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
yea I have 3 kids in back on occasion but in slim seats if the measurement is same as what I have I know I’m 100% ok
The Leon rear seat is not very wide - and in FR trim is quite sculptured which would make it difficult/unsafe to spread out the seats a little - obviously only applicable if using seat belts and not ISO fix.

I would be very clear if just relying on someone else's tape measure that you are comparing exactly the same dimensions - and i'm not really sure total bench width is very useful because of the sculptured seats.

Other cars I have used in my family - Ford C-Max and Citroen C4 Picasso have much wider rear seats, the C4 Picasso especially is one of few cars which has 3x ISO fix in the rear.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So did this just now in the rain because if it's not raining it's not training... That's what I always got told haha

It's not accurate to the mm as with a tape measure and a non flat surface I doubt that would happen lol

IMG_20210310_084625.jpg

IMG_20210310_084630.jpg

Pretty much the same as @Seriously? hope that helps, I did a rough measurement of the seats with the outside ones being about 45cm and middle being 40 ish which pretty much is the same as the full measurement...

Cheers

Leondad

Mar 9, 2021
The Leon rear seat is not very wide - and in FR trim is quite sculptured which would make it difficult/unsafe to spread out the seats a little - obviously only applicable if using seat belts and not ISO fix.

I would be very clear if just relying on someone else's tape measure that you are comparing exactly the same dimensions - and i'm not really sure total bench width is very useful because of the sculptured seats.

Other cars I have used in my family - Ford C-Max and Citroen C4 Picasso have much wider rear seats, the C4 Picasso especially is one of few cars which has 3x ISO fix in the rear.
Thankyou for the advice, I’ve never had a car as big as a C Max or C4, never felt the need.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
So did this just now in the rain because if it's not raining it's not training... That's what I always got told haha

It's not accurate to the mm as with a tape measure and a non flat surface I doubt that would happen lol

View attachment 22665

View attachment 22666

Pretty much the same as @Seriously? hope that helps, I did a rough measurement of the seats with the outside ones being about 45cm and middle being 40 ish which pretty much is the same as the full measurement...

Cheers
You gain a mark for having the better seat trim, but lose a mark for not having the belts pushed into their clips.😛

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.