Things I have discovered about the car.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I did 700 miles over the weekend and had a chance to test some systems, I didn't use before.

Travel Assist was ok on motorway, however was a bit lost at times, when the line was close to the concrete barrier. Braking (switching off ACC), switches off Travel Assist.

ACC - finaly understand why it was so aggressive at accelerating. I had it setup to Cupra in individual mode. Comfort is a bit sluggish, but ok for empty road and Sport is probably in the middle. I don't know what's the pattern for discovering cars on other lanes. Sometimes it discovered cars on my left, sometimes on my right and also would try to slow me down twice for the same car. I also tried stop and go with ACC, when car stops behind other cars and then you have to press gas pedal to move. All worked fine in certain conditions, but I would prefer to have option to switch off adaptive part.

I tried start/stop for the first time in this car, in queue due to road work traffic lights. It cuts off before car stops, but it switches engine on, when the car in front moves. So it must be using front radar to predict traffic move. I do not plan to use start/stop in daily driving, only switching it on in queues, when it makes sense. I don't want engine to be cut off before junctions or roundabouts. In previous cars, I switched off start/stop every time at start and used it only when needed.

Side assist gave me quite a few false positives on passenger side, when there was nothing behind, but missed a car on the roundabout.

Last edited:

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I used the park assist to parallel park for the first time yesterday ( used bay park before and that was fine). I was conscious of the chance of curbing the alloys so I set my mirror up so I could keep an eye on the curb. It worked perfectly and gave me about 4 inches or so of room from the curb.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I did 700 miles over the weekend and had a chance to test some systems, I didn't use before.

Travel Assist was ok on motorway, however was a bit lost at times, when the line was close to the concrete barrier. Braking (switching off ACC), switches off Travel Assist.

ACC - finaly understand why it was so aggressive at accelerating. I had it setup to Cupra in individual mode. Comfort is a bit sluggish, but ok for empty road and Sport is probably in the middle. I don't know what's the pattern for discovering cars on other lanes. Sometimes it discovered cars on my left, sometimes on my right and also would try to slow me down twice for the same car. I also tried stop and go with ACC, when car stops behind other cars and then you have to press gas pedal to move. All worked fine in certain conditions, but I would prefer to have option to switch off adaptive part.

I tried start/stop for the first time in this car, in queue due to road work traffic lights. It cuts off before car stops, but it switches engine on, when the car in front moves. So it must be using front radar to predict traffic move. I do not plan to use start/stop in daily driving, only switching it on in queues, when it makes sense. I don't want engine to be cut off before junctions or roundabouts. In previous cars, I switched off start/stop every time at start and used it only when needed.

Side assist gave me quite a few false positives on passenger side, when there was nothing behind, but missed a car on the roundabout.
ACC in my car will resume driving after coming to a full stop. When it stops it shows a message on the screen (ACC ready to start or similar, don't remember the exact phrasing) and when the car in front starts up the car will continue driving. I don't have to press gas pedal. I'm really starting to doubt myself, but I am relatively sure I tested it twice as you were not the first one to mention needing to press gas pedal.

Yes, ACC is connected to the driving mode. I guess it makes sense.

Car shutting down (autostop) while rolling is very annoying, I get it shut down when I am trying to enter a roundabout or just slowing down to avoid a car that is leaving the road. In the manual it said that autostop is connected to the pressure on the brake pedal, you press more, it shuts down, you press slightly it doesn't shut down. Not sure if this works as intended if it turns the engine off while still rolling.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I definitely got ACC ready to start info, but had to press pedal to move. Can't test it again at the moment, as I don't have traffic lights in the area.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
According to manual, both scenarios are valid. Car will star moving by itself or you need to press pedal. Page 236 in UK manual.

"Stop&Go function

The ACC can bring the vehicle to a standstill
(0 km/h) if the vehicle in front stops.
The ACC remains active and the message
ACC ready to start is displayed on the in-
strument cluster for a few seconds. You can
extend or reactivate this warning by pressing
the button RES or, depending on your
vehicle’s equipment, by grabbing the steer-
ing wheel. During this time, the vehicle will
move off again if the vehicle in front moves
forwards.

To move off when the message ACC ready
to start is not longer displayed, once the
vehicle in front has moved off:
● Press the accelerator pedal.
● OR: press the button RES or SET on the mul-
tifunction steering wheel.
The ACC is deactivated while stopped in the
following cases:
● If the vehicle stops for several minutes.
● If a door is opened."

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
According to manual, both scenarios are valid. Car will star moving by itself or you need to press pedal. Page 236 in UK manual.

"Stop&Go function

The ACC can bring the vehicle to a standstill
(0 km/h) if the vehicle in front stops.
The ACC remains active and the message
ACC ready to start is displayed on the in-
strument cluster for a few seconds. You can
extend or reactivate this warning by pressing
the button RES or, depending on your
vehicle’s equipment, by grabbing the steer-
ing wheel. During this time, the vehicle will
move off again if the vehicle in front moves
forwards.

To move off when the message ACC ready
to start is not longer displayed, once the
vehicle in front has moved off:
● Press the accelerator pedal.
● OR: press the button RES or SET on the mul-
tifunction steering wheel.
The ACC is deactivated while stopped in the
following cases:
● If the vehicle stops for several minutes.
● If a door is opened."
Ah, so if the message disappears, you need to press the pedal or "RES/SET".

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I think there is a software patch needed, I noticed that occasionally the infotainment system thinks I'm in a LHD car. My wife was in the passenger seat adjusting her A/C and it adjusted both, witnessed by myself. However, when I reset the A/C to SYNC (which I seem to have to do a lot) it swapped to driver side synchronisation again. This could account for the ACC sometimes slowing the car when passing vehicles that are on my left side. Need to do some more experiments 🤓

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Yes, it's very confused car ;-) Speed limit of 45 is shown quite often (but 110 very rarely) and it discovers cars on both sides. It's not programmed to know in which country it's located, based on navigation.

I gave up on SYNC, because it seems, I have to do it all the time. In previous car, I would press button and it would be on for months.

MrMinch

Mar 7, 2021
Did a long journey to Midlands yesterday and sometimes ACC picks up 40 limit on passing a slip road on the left, slams on the anchors, then reverts back to 60/70 and picks up again. Have to be quick to hit the gas or risk being rear shunted!

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Anyone turned their rear foglight(s) on? I did just now and noticed that there seems to be only one on the RH side (UK car).
Let me know if you guys/gals have the same please 🙏😁

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I've passed the magic 1k miles so was time for my first couple of launches this afternoon 🚀. I was in Individual drive mode and the first one I did with everything in Sport/Cupra except the DCC which was in the softest possible setting, the second was in the hardest DCC setting.
Well, it was fun! Could feel the car squirm more being launching the first time, definitely felt the rear axle engaging and the tyres biting hard. Second launch felt more, I guess 'brittle' (not brutal) is the best way to describe it, and perhaps a bit quicker.

Go on, give it a try, limited options for fun at the moment anyway 😊

Reactions: Yaz2010

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Does anybody else find 'sport' a bit redundant? Personally I'm either in individual mode- set to be as eco as possible or cupra mode giving it the full beans. Is there any benefit to sport mode over cupra mode other than a little less noise from the fake sound?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Also did anybody else have the software update the other day? Think it was either Thursday or yesterday?

Reactions: Wattser
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.