Newbie - waiting patiently for my Formentor

stubby276

May 4, 2021
Hi
After reading up all of the advice/support on these forums I thought it was about time to register and join the fun!
Patiently waiting for my Formentor V2 190 in Graphene Grey..head ruled the heart here (actually wife didn't like the 'noise' of the VZ edition we test drove).

Reactions: Syphon and jcbmally

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi
After reading up all of the advice/support on these forums I thought it was about time to register and join the fun!
Patiently waiting for my Formentor V2 190 in Graphene Grey..head ruled the heart here (actually wife didn't like the 'noise' of the VZ edition we test drove).

That noise would have been “false” engine sound from the Soundaktor. The car itself is fairly quiet.

The Soundaktor can be coded off to give you a truer sound of just the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stubby276

May 4, 2021
Hmm not sure as I didn't have in Cupra mode. Would Soundaktor still be active in normal mode? To give you an idea, my wife drives a Nissan Juke, so anything with a bit of growl upsets her!!

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Hmm not sure as I didn't have in Cupra mode. Would Soundaktor still be active in normal mode? To give you an idea, my wife drives a Nissan Juke, so anything with a bit of growl upsets her!!

Soundaktor is active in Sport and Cupra modes but in my opinion tries to make the car sound like a V6/V8 and I hate it with a vengeance.

Volt

May 2, 2021
Soundaktor is active in Sport and Cupra modes but in my opinion tries to make the car sound like a V6/V8 and I hate it with a vengeance.

Ive just got a Cupra 290. Didn’t realise there was simulated sound!! Is that just inside the car through speakers then? Who ever thought that was a good idea?! 🤣

In reality does the car sound any different in Cupra or Sport mode with the Soundaktor?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Ive just got a Cupra 290. Didn’t realise there was simulated sound!! Is that just inside the car through speakers then? Who ever thought that was a good idea?!

In reality does the car sound any different in Cupra or Sport mode with the Soundaktor?

Soundaktor is fitted in the engine bay underneath the scuttle (as in pic) and yes it feeds false sounds into the cabin which I hated. I coded mine out with OBDeleven.

529db1c1eb0bf85428e80c154f272ea9.jpg

Volt

May 2, 2021
Soundaktor is fitted in the engine bay underneath the scuttle (as in pic) and yes it feeds false sounds into the cabin which I hated. I coded mine out with OBDeleven.

529db1c1eb0bf85428e80c154f272ea9.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, now I know the sound’s not real I’ll most likely hate it too!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise