Vanaaken's Mk2 Leon Cupra

Vanaaken

Aug 21, 2019
Scunthorpe
Morning,

Been on here for quite a while but never gotten round to doing a build thread. To make things easier images are stored in my album:

So I bought my 2007 PF Leon Cupra back in May 2019 for a tidy some of £6900 quite expensive but it was immaculate and only 56,000 on the clock with full service history and the last few years serviced by JBS Tuning.

I'm based in the Scunthorpe area if we have any members from this area give me a shout!!!

As there was no other paperwork with the car all I knew was that it had a Neuspeed induction kit and a Forge DV. Once I got home and had a good look underneath realised it had a full Miltek turbo back exhaust with sports cat :LOL:.

So over the last couple of years I've added to these mods and a full list is highlighted below including the mods from the previous owner.

I did go back to JBS last September to have a RR and health check and was happy to find it was Stage 2 running 311BHP. The guy at JBS said that it used to run Stage 2+ but due to the clutch slipping at peak torque had it pulled back to stage 2. He also told me that because of this it already had a Loba HPFP fitted. So I'm in the process of saving up for a Sachs Organic clutch, LUK DMF, Wavetrac Diff then once all that is fitted will be going back to Stage 2+ and hoping for 350BHP and 400 Lbs/ft of torque. Ok onto the mods:

Engine
  • Full Revo engine mount kit
  • Forge twintercooler
  • Forge Dump Valve
  • Forge catch can kit
  • Neuspeed induction kit
  • Loba HPFP
  • Upgraded hoses
  • Stage 2 Map running 311BHP
  • Audi TTS engine cover hydro dipped in red carbon
  • Full Miltek turbo back with sports cat exhaust system
  • 034 Subframe Locking Collar
  • Porsche Oil and Coolant Caps
  • ECS Tuning Dipstick
  • Audi R8 Red coil packs
  • Red electrical conduit
  • Full genuine cambelt kit & new Cam follower
  • Current Millage 63.5k
Gearbox
  • Forge quick shift kit
  • Forge side shift kit
  • AKS Solid Shifter Bracket Bushes
Chassis & Wheels
  • Bilstein B16 Coilovers
  • 034 Track density top mounts
  • Brand new Bilstein rear top mounts
  • Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
  • Whiteline front drop links
  • Whiteline rear drop links
  • Whiteline Bump Steer kit
  • Every Poweflex part they do for the chassis (ARB, Wishbones etc...)
  • 8mm Forge Spacers all round
  • Racing line stud and nut conversion
  • Standard Wheels powder coated in Matte Bronze with Avon ZR7 Tyres all round
Brakes
  • Pagid grooved discs
  • Pagid RS Fast Road Pads
  • Goodridge braided brake hoses in red
Exterior
  • Maxton Front Splitter
  • Real carbon fiber scuttle panel cover
  • Real carbon fiber wing mirror covers
  • Black S badges front and rear
  • Black Cupra lettering
  • Black R badge (Will be removed at some point as its not an R, scratch underneath hence why I've left it)
  • Team Heko wind deflectors
  • Shorter aerial
  • Cupra sticker over upper brake light
  • Metal number plates with square front plate
  • Carbon fiber wrapped insert behind front number plate
  • Brand new genuine K1/BTCC sideskirts (To be fitted)
  • 2nd hand K1 roof spoiler (To be fitted)
  • TRC rear diffuser (To be fitted)
Interior
  • Upgraded head unit (Think its a RNS310 replica)
  • New leather gear gaiter
  • Stack Boost Gauge in drivers air vent
  • Seatcupra.net badge on dash trim ;)
  • RaceChip XLR+App (Allows you to adjust throttle sensitivity, waste of time lol)
  • Upgraded front and rear speakers - Ground Zero
Will update the list if theirs anything I've missed which there probably is lol!

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
sounds like a bargain to me mate. That spec is insane. Im hoping to get mine stage2+ by the end of this year.

Vanaaken

Aug 21, 2019
Scunthorpe
sounds like a bargain to me mate. That spec is insane. Im hoping to get mine stage2+ by the end of this year.
Thanks, just read your build thread, how is the wavetrac? Also how much did it cost to have it fitted and did you need a shim kit? Also the GFB crank wheel I've heard some horror stories about them causing issues due to the lack of dampening, I'm guessing you have had no issues with yours?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi the gearbox and the diff was around the 2k mark. It was machined and fitted by regal as a package. Definitely one of the best things you can do I’ve got one fitted in my Ibiza cupra track car too and it’s awesome how it changes the characteristics of the car and the way it puts the power down. I believe it had o be
shimmed but by how much I couldn’t say.
I couldn’t fit this one myself as the crown wheel had to be machined off and I honestly couldn’t be bothered to try to drill it out like the last one. The pulley I actually spoke to gfb prior to buying as I’d also read all the horror story’s they assured me that they do not make these pulleys on engines that cause problems. It’s been great so far definitely made a noticeable difference. There is another company that make a fluid damper pulley but it’s £400 but I didn’t realise that till after I fitted mine.
I am going to buy some gaz gold race coilovers next I think coz the cheap 3 way adjustable coilover I got at the start of lockdown aren’t going to be for what I want to use this car for and that’s heavy track use almost endurance racing.
if your at the group meet I’m October you can take mine out for a drive and see how it feels with the dif before buying one if you like it I can take you round on the track session I’m booked on that day?

Reactions: Syphon

Vanaaken

Aug 21, 2019
Scunthorpe
So with summer around the corner, time to wake the beast and get her ready. Done a few bits over winter including replacing the cig lighter with USB 3.0 dual charger and volt meter and decided to wrap the plastic in carbon fibre film. Also in process of wrapping the window switch panels and the door handle insert. Next job is taking all the graphite dashboard trims to my local hydrodip guy and get them dipped in something funky :) Anyway pic of charger for now. Will start updating again soon.

20220202_200249.jpg
20220202_200932.jpg

Reactions: rob280

Vanaaken

Aug 21, 2019
Scunthorpe
Ok bit of a marmite mod now, had my dashboard parts hydrodipped and I know they won't be to everyone's taste but I love it :)

20220426_202607.jpg 20220426_202707.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members