VCDS Vagcom 2021 Ibiza FR 110

Oct 13, 2021
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased a 2021 Seat Ibiza FR 110 and would like to do a few coding changes, however, I have 2 replica versions of VCDS (version 11 and 21.9) and neither work on the Ibiza.

They worked on my previous cars that I've had but it seems on newer cars such as a 2020 VW polo and my Ibiza FR they don't work.

I've been advised it's because VAG vehicles after 2017 need a different cable but I'm unsure if that is in fact the case.

If anyone has made some coding changes on their 2021 Ibiza, what program or hardware did you use? Obd11?

Im based in Portugal but felt this forum is way more active than others I've seen and hoping to get some more insight so that I can buy the right version or device. Preferably not the original Rosstech as it's a bit too expensive for the little that I would use it for.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
I've fitted a reversing camera, coded it using OBD Eleven, my VCDS program wouldn't work on the newer Ibiza. It offers all the long coding options just like VCDS.

Reactions: Crossthreaded

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't think that anyone should be discussing using replica versions of vcds on any VW Group forum, doing that is condoning buying illegal copies of it.

I don't think that any free, ie freeware version of VCDS like VCDS Lite will work on newer cars.

Oct 13, 2021
I went from VCDS to OBD11. Get the Pro version and you can use it exactly like VCDS.
Hi,

So went with your suggestion and got the Obdeleven Pro version. Works like a charm...

I've got a question regarding the multimedia unit. Can videos/MP4 work on the unit?

I've tried via USB but it doesn't play the video files. I have the MIB3 version without NAV.

Anyone had success with getting video to play?

I saw Obdeleven recently launched the app for VIM so wanted to give it a try but don't wanna waste 100 credits if it won't work on this multimedia unit.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hi,

So went with your suggestion and got the Obdeleven Pro version. Works like a charm...

I've got a question regarding the multimedia unit. Can videos/MP4 work on the unit?

I've tried via USB but it doesn't play the video files. I have the MIB3 version without NAV.

Anyone had success with getting video to play?

I saw Obdeleven recently launched the app for VIM so wanted to give it a try but don't wanna waste 100 credits if it won't work on this multimedia unit.
I see from your signature details that you’re based in Portugal, and IMHO it’d probably be worth looking into the legalities of activating video (if indeed it is possible to activate it) in your country before doing it.

I don’t know how you’d intend to use video playback but In the UK, playing video while driving (video in motion; VIM) is illegal if the driver‘s able to see it playing while they’re driving, and if stopped by the police it would almost certainly mean points on the driver’s licence as a minimum, a fine and their insurance would probably also be invalidated.

If video playback can’t be activated, it could well be down to legalities in some countries around VIM and distracting the driver while they’re driving.

Oct 13, 2021
I see from your signature details that you’re based in Portugal, and IMHO it’d probably be worth looking into the legalities of activating video (if indeed it is possible to activate it) in your country before doing it.

I don’t know how you’d intend to use video playback but In the UK, playing video while driving (video in motion; VIM) is illegal if the driver‘s able to see it playing while they’re driving, and if stopped by the police it would almost certainly mean points on the driver’s licence as a minimum, a fine and their insurance would probably also be invalidated.

If video playback can’t be activated, it could well be down to legalities in some countries around VIM and distracting the driver while they’re driving.
👍🏻

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise