Less than 11 weeks from order to delivery - is there "a rabbit away"?

Erimus Timbo

Dec 3, 2021
I feel a bit guilty posting this based on the horrendous wait times that most of the board members still seem to be having but bear with me as I'm after some advice.

Formentor eHybrid 204 V2 was ordered as a lease through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts (NVC) on 01st October, with initial estimated delivery of next Feb - based on what I've been reading on this board I was fully expecting this to be next April or May.

No news at all from NVC (no build date or any updates at all) until last Friday when they sent me some documents through with an assigned vehicle registration.

Now they are advising that I can take delivery from Dec 14th onwards, but won't give any details on how the delivery has been expedited or even who the dealer is (seems to be Leeds/Bradford area).

Has anyone else had a similar experience, as this all seems very odd. I can only think that someone with the same spec car has cancelled their order, or worst still rejected it.

Any thoughts much appreciated !!

Langlord

Jun 14, 2021
You have probably grabbed a cancelled order. Generally lease companies work off large batch orders as that’s how they get their discounts.

additionally it would seem that the factory are working on batch specs I.e. they started with the vz2 310 and then moved over to the hybrid.

congrats though - we are really happy with our car. We have had the odd little niggle but they seem to be ironing them selves out.

Reactions: Hizzards

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I feel a bit guilty posting this based on the horrendous wait times that most of the board members still seem to be having but bear with me as I'm after some advice.

Formentor eHybrid 204 V2 was ordered as a lease through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts (NVC) on 01st October, with initial estimated delivery of next Feb - based on what I've been reading on this board I was fully expecting this to be next April or May.

No news at all from NVC (no build date or any updates at all) until last Friday when they sent me some documents through with an assigned vehicle registration.

Now they are advising that I can take delivery from Dec 14th onwards, but won't give any details on how the delivery has been expedited or even who the dealer is (seems to be Leeds/Bradford area).

Has anyone else had a similar experience, as this all seems very odd. I can only think that someone with the same spec car has cancelled their order, or worst still rejected it.

Any thoughts much appreciated !!

Thats awesome if you get it that quick!

I ordered through NVC on the 2nd June and mine still hasn't been built yet. I did go for the VZ2 310 though which I believe has taken the back seat in production due to the higher demand of hybrids.

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Thats awesome if you get it that quick!

I ordered through NVC on the 2nd June and mine still hasn't been built yet. I did go for the VZ2 310 though which I believe has taken the back seat in production due to the higher demand of hybrids.
Didn't you finally have a confirmed build for week 47? Hopefully you'll hear something soon! I got told yesterday that mine doesn't look like it will be built till late Jan/early Feb, so looking at getting it March now unless further delays :(

• Sad
Reactions: MrBiggles87

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
Didn't you finally have a confirmed build for week 47? Hopefully you'll hear something soon! I got told yesterday that mine doesn't look like it will be built till late Jan/early Feb, so looking at getting it March now unless further delays :(
Yeah I did get a confirmed build week of 47, but I called the supplying dealership yesterday who were really unhelpful. They told me it has a confirmed build week of 47 so should be built on the 20th December... which definitely isn't week 47. Then they told me they don't usually provide updates so they are "not too sure" - super helpful! :LOL:

So I am in that grey area that a lot of people have been sat in... it might just turn up at some point lol

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Yeah I did get a confirmed build week of 47, but I called the supplying dealership yesterday who were really unhelpful. They told me it has a confirmed build week of 47 so should be built on the 20th December... which definitely isn't week 47. Then they told me they don't usually provide updates so they are "not too sure" - super helpful! :LOL:

So I am in that grey area that a lot of people have been sat in... it might just turn up at some point lol
I'm the same as yourself, confirmed build week 47. The dealer is hopeful for early January delivery, but I'll not hold my breath!

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I'm the same as yourself, confirmed build week 47. The dealer is hopeful for early January delivery, but I'll not hold my breath!
Have you had any updates since the build we has passed? I was told end of December (but unlikely), but most likely start of January.

I wonder if we will be on the safe ship! I have tried to ask for a status code to find out if its built and awaiting parts of still waiting to be built.

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Have you had any updates since the build we has passed? I was told end of December (but unlikely), but most likely start of January.

I wonder if we will be on the safe ship! I have tried to ask for a status code to find out if its built and awaiting parts of still waiting to be built.
To be honest, I haven't asked. I'm trying to just let the time pass and hope that I'll get a phone call telling me that the car is here. Like I said though, I'll not hold my breath as I've had other build dates pass already.

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
To be honest, I haven't asked. I'm trying to just let the time pass and hope that I'll get a phone call telling me that the car is here. Like I said though, I'll not hold my breath as I've had other build dates pass already.
I just had confirmation that the car has been fully built and awaiting the next ship. Maybe ours will come together (y)

Reactions: Gordon Blair

MidnightBlack245

Oct 4, 2020
I specced up a factory order (midnight black, pan roof 245 hybrid) with Wessex car fleet on 26th October, they rang me back the same day saying they had a midnight black 245 in stock with no pan roof, or factory order would be April/May time. No brainer for me, but I think it’s just pure luck that there was a few in stock deals left