Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
CUPRA UK has today announced the price of the brand’s first all-electric performance hatchback, Born, with first deliveries expected towards the end of Q1 2022.

With an advanced powertrain and extensive standard equipment list, CUPRA Born will be available in four battery outputs and three trims. The 58kWh 204PS model will be the first to be available from retailers and delivered to UK customers, with additional batteries following soon thereafter during 2022.

‘On the road’ prices for the 58kWh 204PS (150kW) model start from £33,735. This will be followed soon after by the 45kWh 150PS (110kW) derivative, which will be sold at a lower price point. The remaining batteries – 58kWh 231PS (170kW) e-Boost and 77kWh 231PS (170kW) e-Boost – will be available later in 2022, with pricing to be announced in due course.

CUPRA Born 58kWh 204PS (150kW) pricing 

ModelCO2 (g/km, WLTP)BiK (2021/22)Price (OTR RRP)V101%£33,735V201%£34,190V301%£37,375

The CUPRA brand’s...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Tell and jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
TBF the 204ps is is not to far away from the V2 1.5tsi so definitely a contender. I have been watching more and more car shows relating to EV and I’m really thinking my next car could be EV. My only stumbling block is the infrastructure if I was to go on a road trip.
But that aside the Born is keenly priced IMO.

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
There was meant to be a version with a boost button which I'm not seeing here. Any of our European members spotted it? I've asked CUPRA and waiting to hear back.

Also the boss said a few months back that there would be a more powerful version coming in addition to that at some point.

I'm thinking my next will be electric too.

Reactions: jcbmally

Sehanine

Dec 18, 2021
TBF the 204ps is is not to far away from the V2 1.5tsi so definitely a contender. I have been watching more and more car shows relating to EV and I’m really thinking my next car could be EV. My only stumbling block is the infrastructure if I was to go on a road trip.
But that aside the Born is keenly priced IMO.
I've ordered a Formentor for the 22 plate and plan on my car after that being an EV for the same reasons here - waiting on a better infrastructure. Liking the look of the Tavascan, so hoping by 2025, the EV will be a more sensible price when compared with current ICE.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I've ordered a Formentor for the 22 plate and plan on my car after that being an EV for the same reasons here - waiting on a better infrastructure. Liking the look of the Tavascan, so hoping by 2025, the EV will be a more sensible price when compared with current ICE.
Absolutely, more and more good range and good looking cars coming out. Kia EV6 is also a contender IMO.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Having seen one one in the metal can comfortably tell you it's a real looker in real life. We can't wait to get it next year. Any questions feel free to drop me a message :)
Real world range for me and Seat/ride comfort please

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.