Mirrors not folding with key fob.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
I did search the forum for this but if i've missed it, sorry.

The mirrors have stopped folding with the fob lock held. The option is on in the menu. The switch is in the right position.

Key fob battery ?

Any ideas people ?

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Will have to try the suggestions in that thread, mine randomly stop and start working all the time, usually after a long journey it seems, didnt think it would be related to the windows but will have a try of that later and see if it helps

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Cheers Curtly. I did notice that the windows weren't opening with the open held down. Never would have thought it was connected.

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
In the year I've owned the car, the mirrors have stopped folding a couple of times, then started to work again a few days later.

I know this is of no help whatsoever as I haven't a clue what rectified the problem. I know it was nothing that I deliberately did.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Tried to resolve this but so far not working. While playing I found that the one touch on the drivers window isn't working.

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
ours was the windows when the mirrors stopped folding in, followed the reset windows process several times before it actually worked. If I remember it was the passenger window that was the issue for me

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
i had the exact same issues when a passenger tried to open the window whilst it was frozen in the door seal, i think it throws the positioning of the window, so you have to individually do each window and hold it for a good 10 seconds at the bottom, and a good 10 seconds at the top, my mirrors then worked after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Followed the process from the manual to reset the window. Open a bit, close it, let go of the switch, pull the switch up for 1 sec, let go. Window is reset. Mirrors now fold and windows open from fob. That 10 seconds thing didn't work for me.

Last edited:

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Followed the process from the manual to reset the window. Open a bit, close it, let go of the switch, pull the switch up for 1 sec, let go. Window is reset. Mirrors now fold and windows open from fob. That 10 seconds thing didn't work for me.

fair enough, tried all this the first time i done it, took me 2 days to fathom it out, it was not until after reading a golf r forum that they suggested setting it for longer, because i never heard the supposable click you're supposed to hear, i'd already ran out of ideas and the silly responses from people saying make sure folding mirrors is turned on in the settings menu. But the 10 second guide worked for me.

Sue

Feb 1, 2019
Thanks for your help - working perfectly now!

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Nice one......had this happen to me. Got the replace key battery sign. Replaced both key batteries but still no joy. Followed this reset procedure and it works a treat. Thanks @Pinky

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2021

Absolute hero. Worked a treat, I could tell it was doing something as when you come off the switch after pulling up for 1 second, it makes a sort of settling noise which sounds like something is resetting.

Job done, kudo’s
f229e8c6164a8364acd3e8c9c23d2965.jpg

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
Hi appologies i appreciate that this is an old post but my mk 3 leon has just started to have this problem following icy conditions. I wanted to know if yo haveto follow this procedure on all 4 windows or just the front one on the driver side

Reactions: Brownie27
Nov 22, 2021
Hi appologies i appreciate that this is an old post but my mk 3 leon has just started to have this problem following icy conditions. I wanted to know if yo haveto follow this procedure on all 4 windows or just the front one on the driver side

Hi bud, I would suggest all 4 windows as above. Worked a treat for me.

Reactions: romster1

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Technically just the one that no longer goes all the way up/down with a long press of the button (or potentially the sunroof if fitted).

However, do all 4 and you’re ‘belt and braces’.

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
Technically just the one that no longer goes all the way up/down with a long press of the button (or potentially the sunroof if fitted).

However, do all 4 and you’re ‘belt and braces’.
thanks but i just followed Brownie 27's instructions and its all good now, hopefully it will stay that way

Kerr77

May 26, 2021
Mirrors stopped folding in on my 2018 FR 184 (with the long press on the fob) a few months ago, had no idea they were connected to the windows! Just camr across this thread while looking for one about coolant.... Tried the resetting trick and it's worked! Thanks to all who recommended this!

Reactions: romster1
Mar 6, 2024
Hello all! I own a Seat Leon 2009. Unfortunately these 3 last months the mirrors don’t fold when parked. I followed and tried all the instructions of Luke and Pinky but didn’t work for me…
Any other ideas or tips? Maybe something that I didn’t do correctly? I really don’t know.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise