• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 3, 2026
2
0
I have a FL Leon 1.5 eTSI. The rattling started at around 2,000 km. At first, it only happened when going uphill, during the 1st-to-2nd gear shift — there was a rattling noise, but no jerking.

At 3,000 km, I went to the dealership for an oil change and showed them this video:
. They said it was "normal."

Now I'm at 6,000 km, and the rattling has become louder. Sometimes the car also stutters/jerks between 1st and 2nd gear, and it now happens even on a flat road, not only when going uphill.

At the inspection, they still said there were no problems with the car.

Has anyone had the same issue? Was it eventually fixed? Is this actually considered normal for this gearbox, or should I keep pushing the dealership to investigate and fix the problem? If so, what exactly should I ask them to check or do?
 
Last edited:
I've been to the dealer twice, and both times they said there were no problems and that this is "normal" for this DSG. For me, this definitely doesn't seem normal, especially since the problem is getting worse, but I don't know how to push the issue further.
 
I've been to the dealer twice, and both times they said there were no problems and that this is "normal" for this DSG. For me, this definitely doesn't seem normal, especially since the problem is getting worse, but I don't know how to push the issue further.
Definitely not normal. Would contact seat customer services.
 
I've been to the dealer twice, and both times they said there were no problems and that this is "normal" for this DSG. For me, this definitely doesn't seem normal, especially since the problem is getting worse, but I don't know how to push the issue further.

Different car but same gearbox & engine combination here. No such rattle. Ask the dealer for a ride with another Leon from the service or showroom and force them to prove that this is normal.
 
It’s the clutch. Had this issue on my old VW sportsvan. You can provoke it almost every single time. Set off and when the second gear engages, slow down to first and then accelerate. This will cause the rattle again. Get it fixed under warranty