• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Scott330

Active Member
Apr 8, 2026
5
16
I had an issue with a warning of “front assist not available. Sensor impaired”

So I took it the the dealer. They first said the car needed a big update and it would take several days because the update was so large there is a possibility that it would fail and need to be re-done. Two and a half days later they called to say it’s ready. When I picked it up they told me the car did need the update, but that wasn’t causing the actual problem I was having. A big spider had made a large egg sac between the sensor cover and the sensor. They showed me a picture of it, and it was impressive in a weird, freaky way. No charge for cleaning out the spiders or the update (still under and extended warranty from buying it pre-owned).

Scott
 
spider insects GIF
 
You are not alone, just picked my leon up from dealers after 2 months of sensor pinging on and off and another visit to dealer in-between, for it to be a spider making it's home in the sensor housing. They said they had another one in recently same issue.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Tell and Syphon