Total Closure System (Remote Windows)

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
I have a June 06 Fr TDi and it's a no go too! I hope there is a way round this, otherwise I hope they do refunds! lol

Ignition on one long beep and 5 short beeps quick suc-session constant until unit removed

Ignition off one long beep then three short beeps in about 2 second delays but continues until unit removed

WTF?

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
when i emailed ross-tech about this via vag-com, they assured me it wasn't possible to do this on the ibiza 06 as it doesn't have the module or somthing, and after emailing kvw people, they also said their device wouldn't work on mine either.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
you need vag-com i think.

isn't it module 35/36? off the top of my head...i'll check later

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
I ain't got vag com...wish I did but I ain't! Is it possible that this little black box sitting on my desk then will work somehow? I did only give it a minute before I took it out, but like I said it was beeping intermittantly. I'm not really sure if I was supposed to have ignition on or off as it says in the instructions :

Turn on igntion (or reds leave engine off)
what the hell are reds?

So i tried it both ways, ignition on & off, same thing happened, long beep then
intermittent beeps 5 with ignition on and 6 with ignition off...i was confused! so I left it and came straight online!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I ain't got vag com...wish I did but I ain't! Is it possible that this little black box sitting on my desk then will work somehow? I did only give it a minute before I took it out, but like I said it was beeping intermittantly. I'm not really sure if I was supposed to have ignition on or off as it says in the instructions :

Turn on igntion (or reds leave engine off)
what the hell are reds?

So i tried it both ways, ignition on & off, same thing happened, long beep then
intermittent beeps 5 with ignition on and 6 with ignition off...i was confused! so I left it and came straight online!

"reds" is an American term for ignition on with the red lights on the dash illuminated but engine not running

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
right, i have just had a chat to the manufacturer and the conversation went something like....
Al... says:
i am a member of a seat forum and there are others that are saying they cant get it to work
kvw100 says:
they did not see my website
kvw100 says:
www.szkvw.com
kvw100 says:
so they should look it carefully
kvw100 says:
http://www.szkvw.com/english/product.htm

so i looked and guess what...

Ibiza 2003-2005 so if your ibiza is NOT a 2003 to 2005 it will NOT work

kvw100 says:
in order to save money VAG COMPANY change the ccm of 2006
kvw100 says:
although the same vag number but the hardware has chanaged
kvw100 says:
change the ccm from inner "canbus" to "linbus"
kvw100 says:
so no way to update it

so bad news im afraid chaps :(

(good for me and my 2004 Ibiza though :p )

markl9

Just had an email from vagproducts confirming that it won't work on my 06 Ibiza, they are going to organise a refund (I haven't received it yet so didn't get a chance to try it).

dav150n

Jul 23, 2006
durham
i have an 03 tdi sport. if anyone would like me to try one of these
on my car i would be happy to be of assistance:rolleyes:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members