Sound System Volume

Oct 17, 2023
Hey everyone,

I've finally come to my senses and stopped trying to enable TSR and HBA on my new Leon MK4.

However one thing I need to fix is the sound system.

I'm totally fine with the actual quality of the audio, but the volume is horrendously low. I came from a Mercedes A class with premium sound, which albeit I'm not expecting the Leon to match, however even my older Ibiza had louder speakers than this.

I've tried putting the BT volume to "loud" as well as increasing the gain in obdeleven in increments up to 100db to no avail.

Is there anything anyone else can suggest to increase the max volume/make the speakers louder?

I'm happy to look into replacement speakers as well if this is what I need to do, however would rather do without this if possible.

Thanks!

2Pedals

Sep 8, 2021
What's DAB radio like compared to phone?

I'm using Android and found the same issue (the volume would feel 'throttled') when playing back via BT and Android Auto (or direct as BT audio).
It had got to the point that I considered the sound system as truly terrible.
Due to charging, I plugged my phone in via the USB and noticed an instant change in volume capability and a step up in quality.
Although it isn't ideal, I always plug in now as the sound is significantly better and louder.

I will add that I nearly always use Spotify, which is far from good in streaming quality, so you have to accept that to a degree.

Reactions: luk3du
Oct 17, 2023
The DAB radio is about the same for me unfortunately:(

I did the same thing and have noticed a difference but not a huge one as you got.

I too use Spotify and yeah quality isn’t gonna be great which I’m not too bothered about, I just like a bit of volume in my car, but with the stock speakers they just don’t seem to cut it.

I’ve purchased new speakers for the front to see how this improves the audio as I had to do in my older 2017 ibiza, if it doesn’t improve I’ll look at an amp, it just seems so hard to find anything about sound upgrades and/or locations of amps etc in this car!

I use CarPlay rather than android auto, but I think I might give auto a go just to see if there’s a volume difference too. Fingers crossed!

Oct 17, 2023
for anyone looking at upgrading their Seat Leon MK4 front door speakers, DONT buy 6.5” standard size!

Turns out the Leon uses completely different 8” speakers with a different connected as well, I can’t seem to find any adapter or wiring kits so bought some 8” speakers and will try diy them in tomorrow.

saves anyone else the hassle :)

Alsi

Jun 8, 2021
for anyone looking at upgrading their Seat Leon MK4 front door speakers, DONT buy 6.5” standard size!

Turns out the Leon uses completely different 8” speakers with a different connected as well, I can’t seem to find any adapter or wiring kits so bought some 8” speakers and will try diy them in tomorrow.

saves anyone else the hassle :)
You can use the original 8'' frame to attach the 6.5'' speaker.
The 6.5'' speaker gives more bass control.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.