Parrot CK3100 Fitting

gruffs

Dec 18, 2007
Hi all,

I fitted a Parrot CK3100 in my Refence Sport at the weekend and thought it may be nice to tell you how i did it to save someone else the trouble.

The parrot comes with ISO connectors. As the Leon uses the CANbus system, you will need an adaptor cable set. I got mine from DAP in Cambridge.

There is no Ignition live in the Leon stereo loom at all. It probably uses a relay or transistor in the stereo to switch the permanent live. So you will need to run one.

The guide below shows how to remove the dash pieces so i won't bother telling you again.
You'll need a number 20 Torx head screwdriver/bit and it needs to be of reasonable length to reach the two at the back of the glovebox.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139417&highlight=oem+bluetooth.

I didn't find it necessary to remove the Clocks as you can feed the wires around the back of them without too much trouble.

The ignition live can be found in the fuse panel to the right of the dash. If you face the fuse box, There is a set of normal blade fuses and a set of micro-fuses. The next free slot to the left of the top row of normal blade fuses should be a switched live though this is easily checked with a multimeter or a test light. I inserted a spade connector into the fuse panel and used an in-line blade fuse holder. A fuse should be used here. Then run the wire through the dash, over the clocks and into the heater control/Stereo area.

I scotch-locked my ignition live to the CANbus-ISO adaptor. This way you don't modify either the stereo or the parrot looms so both your warranties will be intact. The best advsed method would be to solder the wires together but as i do not have a soldering iron...Scotch-locks will do it.

FYI, Yellow wire is perm live, Red is switched live and black is Earth.

Connect up all your terminal blocks and away you go.

I located my bluetooth in the space in the dash between the Stereo area and the glove box. It all tucked in there neatly and is close enough not to pull on the blue iPod/changer control plug (this needs to be relocated from the car CANbus terminal block to the CANbus-ISO adaptor CANbus terminal block as the adapter does not cater for this feature.)

When running your mic and control box cables, remember to check everything is working before you put your dash back together. My mic is on the top of the drivers A- pillar and the control box is on the dash at the top right. there is enough cable to put it wherever you want.

My phone is an LG Cookie and as yet, i have not updated the parrot firmware. The result of this is that the phone re-starts as the Parrot tries to sync the contacts. To get around this, disable the sync in the Parrot's menu and you will be able to manually dial out and also recieve calls but the voice dialling and contacts will not be accessable. But, the system is usable.

Once the Parrot's firmware has been updated, this should be resolved.

The final point of not is that when you turn off your ignition, 'GOODBYE' should be displayed on your Parrot's control screen. If it is not, Swap the 12V constant and Ignition lives around using the fuse holders on the parrot. Otherwise, you will need to manually re-pair your phone everytime.

I hope this helps someone. Though this is only a guide not an instruction manual and i am not responsible for any damage or errors that may occur whilst using it.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
good guide there.
its all wired up and powers up fine, switched 12v from fusebox, mute connected.

but I simply cannot put it back together, with only stereo removed there is no way I can fit whole loom behind stereo and I have trouble finding a route from stereo space underneath steering wheel.

what panels exactly have to be removed and how to route cables???

:givein:

doll

Seat Lover
Feb 9, 2007
Aldridge
you would be better dropping the glove box and hiding the Parrott(blue) box in there as it will be easyer to get to should you need to,

That's where I put mine to....sits quite nicely up there, with a couple of cable ties around it.

The rest of the wiring at the back of the stereo can be pushed to the left, as you slide it back in.

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
right, before I forget, i have some observations.

1. removing glove box - 7 screws from the front, dont worry about dropping two back ones behind glove box - they can be retrieved later when its removed. Oh and they are T25 by the way - rest is torx 20.
now bit i did not know about, plastic panel underneath glove box needs to be undone, 3 screws in total and this will reveal additional 2 holding glovebox, close to front edge. so don't muscle with glove box - if all screws are removed it should go out fairly easily.

when putting it back, put it in place and first try to screw in two back ones, this way when one of them drops from the screwdriver you need to take the whole thing out to remove screw that dropped behind. I stuck them on a long t25 screwdriver and very gently manoeuvred them to the hole.

2. removing radio - pretty straight forward and discussed many times already, I used cut dvd box and don't worry if one of strips break inside, just push it in with the new one.

3. removing climate control panel, undo 2 screws holding it from the front and another 2 holding it at angle from the underneath.
It then should unclip around - need to pull it quite hardly. I did not manage unclip cables behind it - just couldn't figure out how to remove them. Luckily there was enough space with cables attached to fit in hand.

having this I started fitting cables. Long straight stick (chopstick size but much longer) went from over the climate controls at 45% angle and there is a clean view of space by the pedals. Just put it there so it sticks at the top and bottom, I taped power cable, microphone and parrot screen cables individually and pulled them to the top. From there pushed them to the left to space behind glove box.

it is very tight behind the stereo, even with cables pushed to the top left corner space.

4. I planned to remove panel over the clocks but so much hassle with climate control panel I decided it will sit too tight and I won't even try. Like I said its possible to route cables without removing it though so its all good.

5. parrot blue box and black box are tucked away behind the glove box - I wrapped parrot blue box with the flat foam I had from some box so it sits tight without moving, black box isn't taped to anything but I hope it will not rattle or anything. should it start I will get to it by removing glovebox again.

overall connecting everything up is dead easy. Hiding all the cables is difficult though. Knowing how its done makes it easier but I simply could not do that for living. I have so many small cuts on my hands I look like attacked by a cat.

if you have any questions fire away, here or PM - I had some and some got answered, some didn't but I'm happy to help with advice now that I have it finished.

Last edited:

JMP

May 27, 2004
predo: did u happen to take a picture what its like behind the glovebox? Slightly offtopic, but do you think there is enough space to install amplifier for the stereo?

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
no i didn't take any pictures in the progress, was too fed up with this effin car :)

anyway, to the question, if you mean full size car stereo amplifier then no way it would fit there. Way too tight space. Behind glovebox mounts (ones that two furthers back screws) there is only enough space for a parrot blue box and cables tucked away, really I can't imagine fitting anything bigger then that in there.

gruffs

Dec 18, 2007
Sorry guys,

Not been around for a while.

My boxes and connectors went into the space on the left of the dash as you look at it between the double DIN slot for the stereo and the curve of the dash.

I put the stereo almost in and fed the connectors round to the left. I then connected them all up in the glovebox space and pushed them in the space besdie the double DIN where the stereo goes using the Glovebox space for access.

Then re-tested it all and put the glove box back.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members