thePHILosiphers FR TDi - Stage 2 Complete - SOLD!!

Which colour brake calipers suit a red car??

• Red

Votes: 94 64.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Right well it almost happened again, nearly traded for an arbth essesse lol, but didnt lol finance was double what im paying now, nd as good as it is, its not that much better than mine,

So, ive decided im going to make the most of it, i hve some parts on order from dave at sere and ive sold on a couple of unused bits as well to a fellow local member. More shall be reveled next week ;-) along with a couple of recent pics from cpop

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Right well it almost happened again, nearly traded for an arbth essesse lol, but didnt lol finance was double what im paying now, nd as good as it is, its not that much better than mine,

So, ive decided im going to make the most of it, i hve some parts on order from dave at sere and ive sold on a couple of unused bits as well to a fellow local member. More shall be reveled next week ;-) along with a couple of recent pics from cpop

Fiat :wtf: I had a grande punto as a courtesy car and i was not a good experience, very flimsy compared to my ibiza and the ibiza is an older design now. Don't do imo.

Also, if your still paying off your fr, i'd keep it until you've paid it off altogether. Getting a new car when you've not paid off you current one is a bad idea, debt just gets bigger and bigger and you end up in negative equity.

Looking forward to you updates!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Fiat :wtf: I had a grande punto as a courtesy car and i was not a good experience, very flimsy compared to my ibiza and the ibiza is an older design now. Don't do imo.

Also, if your still paying off your fr, i'd keep it until you've paid it off altogether. Getting a new car when you've not paid off you current one is a bad idea, debt just gets bigger and bigger and you end up in negative equity.

Looking forward to you updates!

yep a 500 arbath essesse as well, great little car and surprisingly well screwed together, just go for a drive in one, you'll understand :cartman:

mods are nothing major but consider ive spent nothing on her for the past 3-4 months its about time lol

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
well thanks to other bits breaking at home and boring stuff needing doing on the car my plans for a new audio system went to :censored: again :cartman:

so instead the boring bits got done and ordered:

been decorating:

2011-07-26211345.jpg

wish the scene not heard was white, but it was free so it'll do until the 2 newer ones arrive.

moved the stereo:

2011-07-24182347.jpg

on order are a new cubby hole to go above the stereo (sold the cd storage unit)

wiper blades, cupra handbrake cover (finally decided what the hell)

A/C was regassed and pollen filter replaced, good job really it was BLACK and explains why the a/c was like an asmatic mouse.

and on August 29th Cars getting serviced AGAIN :cartman: this 2000 miles a month milarcy is expensive on the ol' wallet in maintenance as well as in diesel and tyres.

I'm starting a 2nd job as a keeper coach so all extra funds will go into a kitty for either equipment for that or finally something major for the car. Also relised that ive put on nearly 45k in 2 years haha :cartman:

well wish i had more to report

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
toys arrived:

2011-07-27204514.jpg

handbrake cover fitted. dead easy job and its a really smart edition. well worth the £16 spent. Thanks to dave at sere for hooking us up:

2011-07-27210814.jpg

cubby hole is back in now on the hunt for a non slip mat for the holder. and new blades fitted as well.

2011-07-27210928.jpg

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Cheers guys, i got the sticker frm a mate, im goin ask if she cn get me a white one s it will be visable on the window. So i'll have a butchers and see what colours we can get.

Im going to find a kitchen shop or similar and see if the have a black rubber mat that i cn 'mod' to make fit (providing they are cheap enough)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Cheers guys, i got the sticker frm a mate, im goin ask if she cn get me a white one s it will be visable on the window. So i'll have a butchers and see what colours we can get.

Im going to find a kitchen shop or similar and see if the have a black rubber mat that i cn 'mod' to make fit (providing they are cheap enough)

im after a red and white one. find out where he gets them for me can you?

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
right well no update on the stickers, still waiting for a response but i will chase up in the next day or two.

In the mean time I decided to try and fix the irratic performance/boost issues by looking at the basics:

so pipercross filter taken out and all leaves and what not removed - need to invest in a cleaning kit tho or a new filter:

DSC_0328.jpg

Then took off the PD160 Intake and adapted the front housing:

Before:
DSC_0329.jpg

After:
DSC_0330.jpg

Managed to get a tighter fit with the house to the air box and the front adapter:
DSC_0331.jpg

the Result:

Much more smoke and more poke [B)] not a bad way of spending 3hrs, easy work with a result. Sorted

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise