Upgrading seat leon audio

Steed8

Cupra MK2 newbie
Oct 26, 2014
East Anglia
Wondering whether anyone could be of assistance...
I'm looking at some replacement door speakers that are dimensioned at 6.2cm deep, will they fit?

also, they have a quoted 600W max rating (for each speaker) but the max output on HU I'm interested in buying says 50W x 4 channels. What would i need to do in order to get the best outcome?

cannot post URL's yet as not enough posts

Thanks

Steed8

Cupra MK2 newbie
Oct 26, 2014
East Anglia
Will have to contact the manufacturer to get the rms value, as the website itself does not say!
An online RMS calculator gave an answer of 424W - obviously not sure how reliable this info is so will wait for a reply from the manufacturer

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Ignore the wattage of speakers, go by the RMS which means its performance at a constant setting. Wattage just means how loud it can go before blowing up. Higher the RMS the better the performance, which means probably spending £150 plus. And most Aftermarket speakers will need a adaptor for the doors to mount the speaker further out, otherwise it'll sit deep in the door and may hit components. Some speakers are made specially for the Leon but you're limited to Brand and performance.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members