REVO remap and dealer servicing/warranty work

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
Hi guys I would like to put a REVO stage 1 map on 2016 SEAT Cupra 290. I am aware that when I take the car in for servicing/warranty work they would be able to spot the remap. I have spoken to my local REVO dealer who will take map of and put it back on £90 (two payments of £45).

I want to find out if this what people are doing?. To have to this every time in order to maintain the warranty is quite an expense I think!

Do people take their cars to an indie for servicing rather than SEAT to avoid the hassle and expense of removing the map and putting it back on?

I have looked into getting a tuning box e.g. DTUK as a solution to this but I have heard mixed reviews on them and I understand that a custom map from e.g. REVO would be much better for numerous reasons

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Deleted member 103408

Mine is Revo Stage 1, I get all my servicing done by my local indie guy (who I trust and does in my opinion a great job) and never bothered with the off and on and was happy to take the risk.

I have still not seen a clear definition of how the TD1 Flag is raised and i have seen some articles that even suggest that TD1 could be flagged if a vehicle has been flashed with a tool other than OEM online system.

However what i do see on the Golf sites is people saying that dealers can be very picky and its not just about the ECU mods but also for example if you have changed your air intake pipes (mostly in the states to be fair).

If I had 2016 car I would go Revo and go local indie but this is a very personal issue (about the risk and cost)

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
I've remapped in the past and never bothered to go back to stock for servicing. Then again I never take my cars to SEAT for servicing anyway given how they've been with any warranty work I've needed.

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
I've remapped in the past and never bothered to go back to stock for servicing. Then again I never take my cars to SEAT for servicing anyway given how they've been with any warranty work I've needed.

Where do you take it for servicing?. What about firmware updates?

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
I use a friends "indie" shop as I simply could not be bothered with the map on/off process (especially because I service it for every 10k km)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
remap - Cupra ST

Just had my 2015 Cupra ST remapped (Stage 1) at a local Revo dealer.
The Racelogic Flywheel test showed 296 BHP BEFORE the remap (276 standard). My Revo dealer thought this might be down to Shell V Power, which i always put in. Post remap check showed 359 bhp. I've got 6 months warranty remaining, but hey sod em and their TD1 check... Still it's worth it even though I know we all still worry about it!

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
Just had my 2015 Cupra ST remapped (Stage 1) at a local Revo dealer.
The Racelogic Flywheel test showed 296 BHP BEFORE the remap (276 standard). My Revo dealer thought this might be down to Shell V Power, which i always put in. Post remap check showed 359 bhp. I've got 6 months warranty remaining, but hey sod em and their TD1 check... Still it's worth it even though I know we all still worry about it!

Did you consider using APR for the remap? They currently have 20% off all remaps. Their high output remap which gives approx 370BHP is currently £602 incl VAT

TrainDriverEdd

Apr 12, 2016
Supachips are offering a reduction on their Bluefin for the 2.0TSI (Cupra 280 only). That should be £499 but its currently £416.

Unfortunately my insurance company have said they won't insure me if I get one.

Therefore I'd need to change insurer. :cry:

Might leave it renewal/warranty expires

Last edited:

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Remap

Did you consider using APR for the remap? They currently have 20% off all remaps. Their high output remap which gives approx 370BHP is currently £602 incl VAT

Hi CupraBoss

Couple of reasons why i didn't consider APR, although i understand them to be very good.

1. No APR dealer within 40+ miles of me.

2. My Revo Dealer is within 5 miles ( good enough reason on its own me thinks)

3. 370 bhp is with a high output map. I have a manual cupra, so could possibly get probs with clutch, consequently went for the low output map, really to protect clutch, and it's only 11 bhp down on the APR map.

I'll probably go next for the increased air flow kit, which may give an extra 20 bhp or so...
but on wet days like today anything too much.. is that, too much... it's like tattoos, the more you have , the more you want!!

As for price, yes the APR map is cheaper, but i think my decision make sense

Cheers
Huffcap

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Supachips are offering a reduction on their Bluefin for the 2.0TSI (Cupra 280 only). That should be £499 but its currently £416.

Unfortunately my insurance company have said they won't insure me if I get one.

Therefore I'd need to change insurer. :cry:

Might leave it renewal/warranty expires
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

TrainDriverEdd

Apr 12, 2016
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply.

Ironically I was with Adrian Flux for many years prior to moving to my existing insurer.

However, when renewal came, I'd always get quoted extortionate renewal prices.

Then every year, the same drill, I'd piss about getting other quotes and then Adrian Flux would match it.

This time however they couldn't do anything to match my renewal and I moved insurer.

I'd be reluctant to go back to Flux now as they **** about too much.

Sorry man.

Deleted member 103408

Hi CupraBoss

Couple of reasons why i didn't consider APR, although i understand them to be very good.

1. No APR dealer within 40+ miles of me.

2. My Revo Dealer is within 5 miles ( good enough reason on its own me thinks)

3. 370 bhp is with a high output map. I have a manual cupra, so could possibly get probs with clutch, consequently went for the low output map, really to protect clutch, and it's only 11 bhp down on the APR map.

I'll probably go next for the increased air flow kit, which may give an extra 20 bhp or so...
but on wet days like today anything too much.. is that, too much... it's like tattoos, the more you have , the more you want!!

As for price, yes the APR map is cheaper, but i think my decision make sense

Cheers
Huffcap

Just a thought if you are not in a hurry then Revo often do discounts as well (I got 25% off)

Also are you buying the SPS gadget

pastrami

MK3 LEON ST FR 2.0 TDI184
May 15, 2017
Kent
Just a thought if you are not in a hurry then Revo often do discounts as well (I got 25% off)

Also are you buying the SPS gadget

I'm also looking at a Remap, selling the DTUK box. Any idea how often Revo seem to discount? Is it the case I just need to just keep checking the website from time to time?!

That SPS gadget looks pretty nift, quite expensive tho, when pricing up for my 184 TDI it was £500 for just the remap or £679 with Remap and SPS. Worth it?

My car (2015 FR ST 184) is also still under warranty for another year, so like the OP i'm also debating whether to remap or wait it out for a year to be safe!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.