Rob's White Mk5 Cupra

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
So ive had this car for a month or so now and im about to start doing a few bits to it so i thought ide start a readers ride.
As it atm-

whitecupra1noreg.jpg

frontnoreg.jpg

backnoreg.jpg

Future mods-
Seat Spoiler / skirts
Gloss black TSI badges under the side repeaters
Gloss black rear cupra badge (Same as Bocanegra )
Bocanegra colour alloy wheels
Engine re-map (not sure which one yet )
Miltek Cat back
Maybe lower it 35mm ish

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
So ive finally got round to doing my first mod !! the spoiler is on with thanks to westgate Honda/Seat grimsby who where very helpfull. I nearly got the tips gloss black but in the end i decided against it and just got it all candy white and im really pleased with it. Im going to take some pics with a decent camera and upload them tomorrow.

Deleted member 49882

Spoiler and side skirts make a huge diffence to how this cars look. Through in some 'lowerage; and they look immense. Nice looking motor.

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Spoiler

So ive finally took some pictures of the spoiler !! I had to take it back to seat on friday to get it re-sprayed as the colour match wasn't very good and i couldn't live with it and im really glad i did as it's pretty much spot on now. Although i was a little bit annoyed they got it wrong in the first place they where really good when i took it back.

Anyway nothing you havn't seen before :happy:

DSCN0352_zps6e1b003a.jpg

DSCN0350_zpsa6b1e66a.jpg

DSCN0347_zpsa56c219d.jpg

DSCN0345_zpse9ba9f7a.jpg

DSCN0353_zps067a178f.jpg

Random reflection shot.

Last edited:

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Rang admiral about my renewal price and told the them that i was looking to get an engine remap and exhaust and it put the DOWN another 90 pound which made it £700 lol not to bad for a 19 year old !! So i went ahead with that and then set about looking for a place to get the work done and i think after a phone call with jabba sport and reading a few gd things about them on here they are going to be my choice. But im wondering what i should go for I deffo want the map and milltek non res but is it worth getting a induction kit or maybe even a forge twin intercooler i know most people don't bother with these until they are at least stage 2 but i like the sound of it offering gains but also reducing engine temps. I'm not intrested in going stage 2 yet btw. any advice will be apreciated ,cheers.

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Milltek non resonated fitted the other week and i really like it, great sound on idle and when under load. It also increases turbo and supercharger noice as well as the blow off noice also the tips look amazing. The only slight downside is a bit of turbo whistle at very high revs. Anyway a few pics of the old exhaust and the new:

IMAG0215_zps501fc185.jpg

IMAG0217_zpsc8c466f4.jpg

IMAG0225_zps415f9953.jpg

IMAG0221_zps5a554bb3.jpg

IMAG0223_zpse34be66e.jpg

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
So i purchased a second hand carbon itg kit from ebay and after a bit of fidling about i got it fitted. I also put a little filter on the breather pipe.

Deleted member 49882

Nice piece of kit that. Looks well. You did well to get one second hand.

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Yeh I know first one I've seen on eBay tbh payed 175 but it needed a new intake hose which was another £10 pound

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Looks familliar that ITG... :p

Hope it does you well!

Yeh cheers , the t - piece didn't fit the breather for some reason so I've just used a straight connector and that little mini filter instead which I think looks good also I've got a new intake hose so it looks the business now

apmaman

Feb 5, 2011
i had to used a smaller pipe and squish it into the tpiece then clamp it with a jubaliee.

yeah the feed pipe was a bit on the bad side.. fell off once and didnt notice for a few days. found it just outside my work a few days later haha.

glad your enjoying it. i found i got 10bhp off the dyno and the engine sounds like the blow off etc a lot more pronounced.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members