Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah we weren’t too impressed when this stuff didn’t come as standard originally. Better late than never we suppose! Release follows.

CUPRA has announced that the all-new CUPRA Leon Design Edition trims are now available to order in the UK. 

Prices for the new Design Editions start at £32,055 OTR for the CUPRA Leon Hatch (V1 Design Edition TSI 150PS) and £33,540 OTR for the CUPRA Leon Estate (V1 Design Edition TSI 150PS).

The V Trim Design Edition Pack features 18-inch Machined Sport Black & Copper alloy wheels while the VZ Trim Design Edition Pack features 19-inch Performance Black Satin & Copper alloy wheels with both including a panoramic sunroof, black side skirts, and a black roof spoiler.

The updates mean the full CUPRA Leon 5dr Hatch and Estate trim line-up comprises V1, V1 Design Edition, VZ2 Design Edition, and VZ3 Design Edition, with the new editions available to...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Should look great with the extras, especially the wheels. Interestingly I ordered a new VZ2 245 (not hybrid) in desire red a month ago and I see that desire red has been dropped as an option. After agreeing the deal initially for a VZ1, the dealer got back to me and informed me that the 245 was only available in the VZ2 trim level. There were also no red ones available, so it had to be a factory order. I’ll call into the dealer next week and see if they’re as confused as I am! Anyone else in a similar position?

Reactions: Syphon

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Quite the jump in price but I'll admit I wish I was getting the side skirts and copper wheels. Looks like the driver aids package has been improved too as VZ2 now comes with adaptive cruise as standard. Sure there'll be more differences but I've just briefly looked at configurator.
My VZ2 hybrid estate should have been built last week but awaiting an update from dealer/lease company.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Quite the jump in price but I'll admit I wish I was getting the side skirts and copper wheels. Looks like the driver aids package has been improved too as VZ2 now comes with adaptive cruise as standard. Sure there'll be more differences but I've just briefly looked at configurator.
My VZ2 hybrid estate should have been built last week but awaiting an update from dealer/lease company.
I’m disappointed about the side skirts and panoramic roof, but I would have been much more disappointed if I couldn’t have the red! The skirts can be added (at a price) so may have them fitted at a later date. I bought a new set of copper alloys from CUPRA last year and told the dealer to swap them into the new one as they are only twelve months old and have done 6000 miles.

KoenG

Jan 3, 2023
Looks like I’m going to get one the last red CUPRAs in the old VZ2 spec. I can’t believe they’ve dropped the desire red and pleased I’ve got my order in just in time!
What, they have dropped the desire red? What are those guys thinking actually? The best colour they had!
I have an urban silver, but it was only available for a few months in Belgium. There was also a couple of months an "asfalt blue" which was also very nice and distinct but also discontinued!?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
What, they have dropped the desire red? What are those guys thinking actually? The best colour they had!
I have an urban silver, but it was only available for a few months in Belgium. There was also a couple of months an "asfalt blue" which was also very nice and distinct but also discontinued!?
Looks like they are doing the Audi '50 Shades of Grey' thing - what an incredibly uninspiring colour palette:sleep:

Reactions: KoenG

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Looks like they are doing the Audi '50 Shades of Grey' thing - what an incredibly uninspiring colour palette:sleep:
Collected my desire red VZ2 yesterday and happy to have my favourite colour back. The dealer said they never get any stock 2.0 Leon’s these days, only the 1.5s. I like the adaptive suspension over my standard VZ1 spec version and it’s got the 12” screen which I’m hoping is going to be better than the 10” one! Pretty quick delivery too.

Reactions: KoenG

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
When do we expect the mk5 Leon/Cupra to be out?

I have Leon Cupra mk3 estate and not that keen on mk4.
Mk5 in 2024?

I think it’ll be a while yet.

If the mk3’s lifecycle is anything to go by, the mk4 is likely to get a mid-lifecycle facelift before an all new mk5 appears on the scene.

@Syphon posted pictures of the clay mock-ups of the mk4 facelift back in June last year (see pictures at link below) - I’d guess the mk4.5 facelift will appear sometime next year, and then the mk5 probably 3 years or so after that.

Reactions: seatgraham

KoenG

Jan 3, 2023
When do we expect the mk5 Leon/Cupra to be out?

I have Leon Cupra mk3 estate and not that keen on mk4.
Mk5 in 2024?
It's all driven by the life cycle of the VW Golf. We get the facelift now, so count on minimum 3yrs from now. The facelift of the Cupra is also due for 2024. Usually the Seat/Cupra trails the launch of the Golf with about half a year or so. I'd say first semester of 2027.

Be aware that there will be no pure ICE, and I also expect they'll discontinue de ea888 2.0. I presume the 1.5TSI will be offered as plug-in hybrid 265bhp and we'll probably see full BEV versions (inclusive the 340hp driveline of the Tavascan most probably?).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.