what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Legal requirements??? If it were illegal to drive without airbags there wouldn't be switches that allow you to turn them off..

Not legal requirement, as far as I know the only thing airbag wise that would cause an MOT failure is if the fault light is on. This is the only problem I have had with the mk2, and I had too get two new rear bumper airbag sensors...

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Not legal requirement, as far as I know the only thing airbag wise that would cause an MOT failure is if the fault light is on. This is the only problem I have had with the mk2, and I had too get two new rear bumper airbag sensors...

The only one you can switch off is the passenger one - and that is only supposed to be done IF you have a rear facing baby seat on the passenger seat.

All of the other airbags are not able to be switched off by the normal user.

If the airbags were not a legal requirement under the construction and use regs - there would be no mention of them or the warning light for the MOT.

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Supplementary restraint system as far as mot goes. if the light is indicating a fault it will fail the mot but to go as far as to say it is illegal is incorrect. And as the car hasn't been presented for an mot it's still in the eyes of the law legal to drive, His insurance company could get arsey over a claim if it's involved in an accident and it's investigated .. But As far as we know the dealer offered the option to keep the vehicle over night, but for us to be without the car isn't always an option. He should have been advised that the airbag will not deploy in the event of an accident and then it his is choice to take the car or not..

Anyway.. did you get any joy on the maps updating after I gave you the info

Last edited:

N77

Mar 29, 2015
Fitted some wind deflectors to my SC FR

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Drove to Northampton last Wednesday. about 160 miles down the roadworks on the M1. Averaged 51mph and cruised at 73mph where I could. returned 65.8mpg

Came back Friday night from Warwick, about 170 miles, averaged 41mph but kept rolling most of the time and 55.1mpg, it must be up hill coming north :p

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I took my car to be cleaned yesterday by the best Romanians in MK. They always do a good job on my car and have never complained until this happened:
721522d3c2c4437c17febb178638785a.jpg
cc5275a2e66adda953ef3d590eb3b12e.jpg
7154b9f75052f9f6665e7b41edc5e2e9.jpg

When I saw it I said to one of the cleaners "What is this?!" He replied with "maybe you did it" and that's when I realised that I couldn't prove that I hadn't done it even though I most definitely know I didn't. So managed to make it a bit easier on the eye for now:
d922a36feb6d5ba381c34b5d3e920913.jpg

Hammo72

May 31, 2015
Not meaning to sound harsh, but you get what you pay for, wouldn't let them near any car in my household.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Not meaning to sound harsh, but you get what you pay for, wouldn't let them near any car in my household.

If I had a driveway and didn't park have to park my car so far from my flat then I would clean it myself. Luckily I'm moving into a house in August so I can clean it. I've got 2 boxes of car cleaning products waiting to be used.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
If I had a driveway and didn't park have to park my car so far from my flat then I would clean it myself. Luckily I'm moving into a house in August so I can clean it. I've got 2 boxes of car cleaning products waiting to be used.

if you have no water then all you need is this stuff:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOWROOM-SH...qid=1434980810&sr=8-1&keywords=showroom+shine

just finished my last bottle after doing my brothers car in twenty mins. Yeah it aint gonna be as good as spending 3 hours and multiple washes and layers but you cant argue with the results. If I didnt have a bottle of meg's wash & wax anywhere to try now id be buying another two bottles today!

Hammo72

May 31, 2015
I use it as a quick detailer / polish boost in between waxes wouldn't use it on a really dirty car though.
Sorry CK didn't consider your situation, but would still have to go to a jet wash or something myself before anyone with a Gritty sponge comes near my motors

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
if you have no water then all you need is this stuff:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOWROOM-SH...qid=1434980810&sr=8-1&keywords=showroom+shine

just finished my last bottle after doing my brothers car in twenty mins. Yeah it aint gonna be as good as spending 3 hours and multiple washes and layers but you cant argue with the results. If I didnt have a bottle of meg's wash & wax anywhere to try now id be buying another two bottles today!

Nice, I'll get some of that then. I'll have to clean my car again before Trax at Silverstone. I'll be on the Leon Owners Club Stand

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Nice, I'll get some of that then. I'll have to clean my car again before Trax at Silverstone. I'll be on the Leon Owners Club Stand

Just make sure you use enough of it depending on how dirty it is. And also dont be rough and make sure you use a fresh microfibre cloth to buff. I will expect pictures :)

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Just make sure you use enough of it depending on how dirty it is. And also dont be rough and make sure you use a fresh microfibre cloth to buff. I will expect pictures :)

I'll definitely get some photos posted once I use it. On another note I just noticed this on my rear light:
5036fb5205236e75d4ca4d10dd511683.jpg

Like the glass has cracked on the inside. Don't know if this is a big issue or something I can leave for now

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
if it doesnt fog up its ok, but if it does fog up it could be because of this. Looks like its cracked under pressure while being installed, or at least thats the line id be using at the stealers

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Get it looked at by the stealers asap! mine has proper cracked and as i cant prove it wasnt caused by damage ive had to pay £120 for a new light. so get it reported now while its still looking like that.

as for the screenshots of the new stereo... i like the look of that - if i had the dials view id leave that on all the time.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members