Silver LCR Paint Correction Detail

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
I seem to have had silver week, makes a pleasant change from black;)

I didn't take any befores as the car looked nice and tidy when I first saw it.

Started out with a snowfoam, cobra wash mitt, and pinnacle bucket with grit guard wash. This was followed by the car being de-badged, owners request. Whilst he removed the badges I gathered my Glue and Tar remover together. This was then used to remove all sticky stuff, and also all the tar spots all around the car which show so heavuily on Silver cars. I then started claying with White Poly clay, and the supersprayer. Dried dow with the Cobra Guzzler Drying Towel.

Once taped with 3m 3434 low tack masking tape, and the paint depth recordings made I started out doing my test machining section. The sirls weren't too bad, so the 3M Machine Polish, coupled to a Wolfgang Polishing pad and the rotary managed to clean the panels up nicely.

Before and after shots:

LCRMR5.jpg

LCRMR6.jpg

LCRMR7.jpg

LCRMR8.jpg

The silver colourproving as difficult as ever to capture with the camera.

Once the machining was complete I took Klasse AIO and the PC for the second stage, applied and cleared panel by panel. This was topped with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant. The alloys had the same treatment too. Arches and Tyres dressed with Finish. Glass was cleaned with Glass Clear. The Pipe was cleaned with Megs NXT Metal Polish:

LCRMR9.jpg

LCRMR10.jpg

The Afters:

LCRMR11.jpg

LCRMR12.jpg

LCRMR13.jpg

Fenboy

Nov 12, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH - It rained all the way and took 4 hours to get home:cry: Oh well not to worry my LCR has just had the "Iain Brown treament" :D

Anyway....

It's been quite a month for my LCR. Firstly passing it's first MOT then waiting 10 days for a new input shaft for the gearbox, all done under warrantee which was about to run out - phew!.

Then the 400 mile road trip began yesterday with a visit to Lap-tab in Birmingham, who re-furbished my alloys in anthracite (25% off in Sept:D) which came out awesome. I was a bit stuck on which colour to go for but think I made a good choice in the end.

Then drove up to Rochdale that evening to see Iain of Finer Details on the following day, to have some expert paint correction/protection --- as you have just been reading hopefully!

So, would just like to say:

A BIG THANK YOU TO IAIN FOR MAKING MY CAR LOOK AMAZING:drool: THE GUY IS A GENIUS !!! (and thanks for the tea). If you ever thought about getting your car detailed - DO IT and get Iain to do it, the results speak for themselves.

Cheers

Matt (& Sarah who I dragged around with me for the two days)

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've always wondered what a silver LCR would look like detailed, very nice! how much would something like that cost?

Fenboy

Nov 12, 2006
I had all five alloys done and with the 25% off they came in at £308 (they have had this offer on @ other times too).

Basically, took car to lap-tab (very early in the morning :blink:) they strip all the wheels off car, strip paint/refinish any imperfections on the wheels, powder coat with colour (and a clear coat too I think?) then they fit fit tyres if legal if not can fit new ones, new valves, balance etc and fit back on to car.

I am really pleased with the finish of the alloys and would recommend Lap-tab (and Finer Details detailing work of course! :drool:).

So, it has been an expensive month for the car but well worth it!

Cheers

Matt

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
wow for £200 that would be WELL worth it!!!!!

Thats not bad for the wheels too...

did you park up at labtab and then work to town or something whilst they did it all day?

Fenboy

Nov 12, 2006
did you park up at labtab and then work to town or something whilst they did it all day?

Yep, we caught the bus (bus stop is right outside LT and run every 15 mins or so) into city centre and went shopping/cinema etc.

Just to confirm it was £200 for the detail and £308 for 5x alloy re-furbs.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members