Fitting LCR Splitter

Mat

Picked up LCR Splitter today, and will be fitting it when I can be arsed to clean car etc

DSC00651.jpg

I understand that you just screw on the splitter to the existing bumper. And also that I will need to trim the edges as there will be a little over-hang. But what i wanting to knowis (i'm sure i read somewhere), do i need to break of some of the clips on the splitter for it to fit?

here's a pic of half the splitter. do i need to remove some of these clips?

DSC00652.jpg

stefan morgan

just need to trim the two that stick up from the middle trim abit off at a time its trial and error really just dont cut the whole things off.

Mat

i wondered if it was those clips, but i thought it couldn't be as they make up the appearance of the splitter :D

also, what size screws would you reccomend?

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I think it would be better if you offered it up to the car and decided how much YOU think needs to be taken off. It'd be a waste for you to cut 1" off and then this "sh!t its too much"

I cut about 10mm off mine and i'm happy with it :)

Mat

coolio. i understand not to trim the over hanging edges until its fitted correctly. i understand people have made the mistake of cuttin too much off the edges before :D

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I'm a Barry Bodjit so I cut mine down without offering it up and it looks ok.

But Mat you'd better offer it up 'coz I ain't giving you the £20 for a new one if it doesn't look right :p

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Quick question: is that the splitter from a leon cupra R? Is there not one for our car? Or does this one look different?
Furthermore, do you just order it at the stealers? How much does that set you back?

Thanx

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
coolio. i understand not to trim the over hanging edges until its fitted correctly. i understand people have made the mistake of cuttin too much off the edges before :D

Yeah it's easy enough to cut the excess off when its fitted and then there's no danger of over-doing it.

Mat

bloody hell it's windy. Was thinking o fittin it now. Seein as it only takes approx 15mins, i thought i could withstand the cold. But i wanna wash the car before fittin the splitter :D

Looks like i'll be waiting a while :D lol

Mat

decided to brave the cold and the wind, and fit the splitter

before:
(as you can see, i gave the car a good wash :D)

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

After:

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

Sorry about the "after" pics, it got dark real quick. And please, no more comments about the spot lights, I was gonna take em off, but my hands were freezing. BTW, I realised its easier to have someone to help you fit it. I grabbed me neighbor and go him to hold it whilst i fitted the 1st 2 screws, then let him go into the warmth :D

Anyways, aero wipers are also on, but its almost impossible with the light at the mo to get a good pics. Hopefully I'll have some pics soon when I clean it next

Mat

"S" badge went last year. Got a badgeless grille (not like folks i've seen who have a standard grille but with the "S" popped out :D

I literally just cut off the clips on the center parts :D

Although I'll probably need to shorten em down! I'll have to see how it copes with speed humps around my estate! I know, well I'm 99% sure, I'll have a bit of a problem coming out of Meadowhall car park, my local pub who I play pool for and a car park in Mansfield. But hey, I can just alter that and park downstairs at meadowhall, park on street near pub and use a different car park when i go to mansfield :D

Mat

only £20 and a few pence (that includes VAT) from stealers. I ordered mine Wednesday and picked it up today

Mat

\o/ yay \o/

had me first scrape about 20mins ago

I'll have a bit of a problem coming out of Meadowhall car park, my local pub who I play pool for

been to play pool and decided in car park. its ok goin in, its coming out that's a pain. most of the way out, i stopped and checked, could just get fingers underneath. Went a few inces furthur and i heard a "sssccccrrrrrrrr" (i dunno how you type a scraping sound). it kinda felt good and bad at the same time :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.