Remote fob problems.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
I have recently bought a flip key and got the blade cut. I then prised open my spare non-remote key and put the glass transponder from this into the flip key. The key starts the car but I just can't get the remote part to pair.

I am having the exact same problem as the OP in this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111155&highlight=remote+matching but to add to my woes I have also de-locked the car so I am unable to do the other method available. VAG-COM is my only options but it no worky.

:help:

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Anyone please? i am really struggling with this.

VAG-COM will not change the number. If I put 4 and hit the test button it still only returns 1 and it also won't let me change it to 0.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Sorry mate, I don't know the answer to your question, but on a side note can I ask you who cut your key for you? I notice your in huddersfield, and I'm after a spare key cutting.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
I got mine done by someone I know who owns a garage, FordTech on Woodhead Road next to Texaco petrol station.

Timpson also have the required machinery. There is one in Packhorse and Imperial Arcade.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Sorted it now. I needed to clear the old remotes off and didn't look properly at vagcom info on how to do it.

I now have a 3 button flip key with all buttons working. The boot button works if you hold it for a few seconds it just unlocks the boot and disarms the alarm. No other doors unlock and if you forget to re-arm after closing the boot it does it after a minute or so because the drivers door has not been opened.

I am well chuffed. :happy::funk::happy:

Actually you don't need to re-arm the alarm it does it as soon as you close the boot.

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Any tips on how to get the top of the flip key apart so I can put my original transponder in? I've taken the screw out, but can't see for sure how to split it and don't want to force something and poss damage something if I can help it.

P.S. Got it cut at Timpson's, it doesn'e fit the door, but does fit the ignition!!!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Damn!! i only got a 2 button flip key, as i read a 3 button wouldn't do the boot :(

I had read this too but then also read others who said it worked for them so bought both.

Seen as though the 3 button one works I will have to sell the 2 button one now.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Strange!

I don't have this issue as I have de-locked my door. Suppose you don't need to use it in door though.

LOL, it was the wife that had tried it in the door and said it didn't fit mate, when I tried it, it did work it ok, but I must admit, it required SLIGHTLY more force. Hopefully, this'll wear in.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Sorted it now. I needed to clear the old remotes off and didn't look properly at vagcom info on how to do it.

I now have a 3 button flip key with all buttons working. The boot button works if you hold it for a few seconds it just unlocks the boot and disarms the alarm. No other doors unlock and if you forget to re-arm after closing the boot it does it after a minute or so because the drivers door has not been opened.

I am well chuffed. :happy::funk::happy:

Actually you don't need to re-arm the alarm it does it as soon as you close the boot.

hmmm, i have a new 3 button remote paired with my 05 LCR and the boot button does not work, did you do something special to get this working?

i was under the impression that this would will not work with the leon but i would love to be proved wrong.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
hmmm, i have a new 3 button remote paired with my 05 LCR and the boot button does not work, did you do something special to get this working?

i was under the impression that this would will not work with the leon but i would love to be proved wrong.

Nothing special mate no. Just lucky I guess. from what i can tell it seems as though it may only work with certain modules.

There are a few people who this has worked for but probably more that it hasn't.

Have you kept the boot button pressed down for a few seconds?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.