Remote fob problems.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
marshyc, these instructions,
where did you get them?
is your vag-com the shareware or full as i need to sort mine as been hanging around house for way too many months now and missus is getting a bit annoyed...

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
marshyc, these instructions,
where did you get them?
is your vag-com the shareware or full as i need to sort mine as been hanging around house for way too many months now and missus is getting a bit annoyed...

Full version mate with genuine lead.

Instructions were from VAG-COM website.

(Goes off to look for link).......................... Here Remote Matching

I had to use the last method shown to delete the old keys and then the first method to add ALL the keys to the car again.

thechunk

I'm trying to match my key and not having much luck. Tried the 1st method on the Ross-tech site and nothing happened. When I try the last bit to clear out existing keys it doesn't seem to work because when I then read channel 01 it still says 1 (I only have 1 key). Was yours 0 after clearing it marshyc?

Also after trying this I've got this fault code, any clues as to where I'm going wrong?

01179 - Incorrect Key Programming

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Sorry for delay in reply, been away.

Can't remember for def but I think it did.

You may have to try a few different methods as described on the site. I had to do the last one (first) then the first one after that.

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Sorted it now. I needed to clear the old remotes off and didn't look properly at vagcom info on how to do it.

I now have a 3 button flip key with all buttons working. The boot button works if you hold it for a few seconds it just unlocks the boot and disarms the alarm. No other doors unlock and if you forget to re-arm after closing the boot it does it after a minute or so because the drivers door has not been opened.

I am well chuffed. :happy::funk::happy:

Actually you don't need to re-arm the alarm it does it as soon as you close the boot.

What part number is your flip key and what model leon do you have if you don't mind me asking?

zanglei2008

I have a 2003 Leon Cupra and the key number is HLO 1J0 959 753 AH

I got a 2003 leon 1.9tdi s. I assume the key number should be the same as yours, right? I bought the car without remote key, so no way to find the key number. Want to buy a flip one on ebay. Just need to comfirm to buy the correct one.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
The same key number as mine will obviously work but there are others that work too. If you search for remote fob or flip key there is a thread with all the key numbers that work. I think the one I have has now been superseded by another number. They all work the same though.

zanglei2008

The same key number as mine will obviously work but there are others that work too. If you search for remote fob or flip key there is a thread with all the key numbers that work. I think the one I have has now been superseded by another number. They all work the same though.

Thank you for the information, mate. I will try to get one on ebay. Hopefully, it will work fine.

Tom_B

hi, could do with some help. im fairly new to lcn so bare with me. i had a read of a flip key guide and as i understood it was just get the right freq key, cut the blade, swap the immo. chip and run through the little synchronising routine and hey presto it works. so ive done all of the above and the key works fine but no remote central locking... could anyone help me b4 im forced to go to the stealers!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.