d/v to coldside now fitted...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
So my stuff for my coldside relocation arrived today was well excited...:lol:

fitted it a little while ago was a bit of a pain in the :censored: but not to bad really...

only problem i had was after i thought id fitted it all and finished i took it for a quick drive to chek for any eml etc it was running like a bag of poo it was when i got it back on the drive that i realised in my haste to test it i hadn't pluged the hose from the charge pipe..:whistle: :redface:

Once i sorted that went out again no eml and oh my god how much louder is the d/v now.. it made a noise before but TBH i thought it was still was a bit weak its at least twice as loud now and i wasnt even booting it (cold engine) im on standard map at the moment aswell so cant wait even more now to get it mapped make it louder..:lol:..

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
100 quid :blink: is that alloy pipe dipped in gold or something??

surely a T piece isn't much more than 20 quid. the 25mm flex hose goes for 25 quid on fleebay, alloy pipe a tenner and an alloy plug costs a buck or 2...

serious cash for some hose and an alloy pipe mate...

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
hmm im thinking of doing this too! infact i wanna do this too!will have to wait a bit though, can you do a quide mate? would be handy for everyone who wanted to do it in the future! oh and got a pic??

cuprachrissy

25mm flexi tube

63mm T piece

blanking plug for the charge pipe

and a alloy joiner(63mm)
and this is all i need?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
100 quid :blink: is that alloy pipe dipped in gold or something??

surely a T piece isn't much more than 20 quid. the 25mm flex hose goes for 25 quid on fleebay, alloy pipe a tenner and an alloy plug costs a buck or 2...

serious cash for some hose and an alloy pipe mate...

thats for everything i got

T piece, flexi pipe, hose joiner, 2x silicone bends, alloy pipe, blanking plug, had to but jubilie clips aswell..think thats about it proberly worked out more because i just got all the bits from forge p&p and vat you get hammered on...:cry:

oh and i got a metre long pice of alloy pipe £28 dilivered...:headhurt:

hmm im thinking of doing this too! infact i wanna do this too!will have to wait a bit though, can you do a quide mate? would be handy for everyone who wanted to do it in the future! oh and got a pic??

cant really do a guide didnt take any pictures as camera charging...

Its pretty simple though when you look at it just replace the original pipe from the mani with the silicone bends and alloy pipe...put the T piece on the mani that becomes the d/v new location..use the flexi hose to connect up the d/v from the TIP and block of the hose coming of the charge pipe... will go out in a minute and take a pic wont be to great though being dark and that..lol.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
lol, i always take pics dude :) nothing like admiring your handy work :0

when im next working in essex you can fit it for me ha ha

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex

dont no if that would work..??
this is the stuff i used..
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0022M&product=SHM-25

25mm flexi tube

63mm T piece

blanking plug for the charge pipe

and a alloy joiner(63mm)
and this is all i need?

You need a bend aswell to connect the flexi tube to the TIP aswell and i had to get 2x 63mm 90 deg bends aswell..

have a look at the link in the post above i made the same as myki did to replace the original hose from the mani...

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
ha ha, im rewiring a barn in bovinger? or ongar at the moment actually! the bloody shop there charges £1.50 for a diet coke!!!!!!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
here you go you should be able to see what ive done here
DSCN0545.jpg

from the inlet mani
DSCN0546.jpg

the flexi connected to the TIP
DSCN0547.jpg

had to get black hoses as they only do black and blue so i have a bit of a red and black thing going on...

cuprachrissy

so the only benefit for this is that you get a louder noise from dv (i have oo7 recirc not blowoff)or is there any performance benefits?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
makes the d/v louder and its better for the life of the d/v...not sure how it would be on the 007p dont think there would be any more sound...but as far as im aware there is no performance gains...

cuprachrissy

makes the d/v louder and its better for the life of the d/v...not sure how it would be on the 007p dont think there would be any more sound...but as far as im aware there is no performance gains...

hmmm dont know if i could justify spending up to £100 for no reason? apart from tarting up the engine bay which is never a bad idea!?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
works well with my turbosmart valve...what can i say i love all the wooshy wooshy and the turbo spool didnt buy it for fuel economy..:lol:

just need to adjust the flexi hose a tad i didnt like the way it was pressing on the plug on the coolent ress hence the temp cable tie..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.