Hose underneath engine cover!

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hi people,

I was just under my bonnet cleaning the engine bay and underneath the engine cover when to my horror i found a huge tear in one of the hoses which is located underneath the engine cover. It is a hose which is located just to the right of the 4th coil pack(the one which has an additional cover over it). Does anyone know if Forge or samco do this hose?

I think the part number is 06a 103 221 ah this i found on the hose it self. I wonder if im losing boost because of this pipe and i wonder if this is the reason i keep getting the famous fault codes 17705 and 17545.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Thats this one?

53680946.jpg

There £27 from Seat or you can buy silicon ones off ebay but there part of a set and from Hong Kong

Three Leons

May 18, 2007
Wakefield
Is it the breather hose with a kind of 'fork' in it? If so I had exactly the same problem - been getting those codes intermittently for weeks and couldn't work out why. Finally found the tear (the whole hose was also a bit flimsy) and got it changed. Since then no codes and car performing better then before (funny how you don't notice a drop in performance until it comes back :D).

Replacement hose was an OEM one - just under £30 (astronomical for piece of rubber but better than a new turbo:D)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Its def the one in the picture because I replaced mine couple of weks ago, you don't have to replace it with standard tho you can do it with the 19mm straight pipe and joiners or you could fit a catch tank.

cupradarren

Is it the breather hose with a kind of 'fork' in it? If so I had exactly the same problem - been getting those codes intermittently for weeks and couldn't work out why. Finally found the tear (the whole hose was also a bit flimsy) and got it changed. Since then no codes and car performing better then before (funny how you don't notice a drop in performance until it comes back :D).

Replacement hose was an OEM one - just under £30 (astronomical for piece of rubber but better than a new turbo:D)

i had the same problem to i got mine from tps i also managed to break the plastic pipe it connects to that runs under the inlet and that was a pain

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Its def the one in the picture because I replaced mine couple of weks ago, you don't have to replace it with standard tho you can do it with the 19mm straight pipe and joiners or you could fit a catch tank.

Hi thanks for the info but do you have a picture of your engine bay so i can see how you did it.? oh and whats a catch tank??:shrug:

cheers

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Cheers for the thread but where can i get the T pipe connection from as all i can find is the T pipe hoses and they dont do them for 19mm size? the metal ones are again too big.

Anyone know where to get the plastic T pipe to fit 19mm hoses???

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hi just fitted the 19mm silicon hose with T piece connection as done in the link Adam cupra posted above but i made mine fit nicely under my cover. Looks great will post photos tomorrow. Great Mod much better than those crappy standard flimsy hoses.

Cheers ADAM CUPRA for the help. :)

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Here are those photos i said i would attach. I made mine fit nicely under the cover without having to mod it! :funk:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

And with the cover on....

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Aug 24, 2007
I did a similar mod a couple of weeks ago :) Did you use vac hose or reinforced ?

Here's mine
DSC00851.jpg

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
I did a similar mod a couple of weeks ago :) Did you use vac hose or reinforced ?

Here's mine
DSC00851.jpg

Hi, I used proper straight piece thick silicon hose £20 for a metre. I think it withstands 180 degrees or something like that so it should last i guess.??

Did you use Vac hose pipes??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise