PD150 Cat Advice

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Going to be fitting this in the next couple of weeks, but have read in a couple of places that the c-clamp style clamps that come with the replacement cat can be tricky to set up properly and can deform the pipe, making it next to impossible to get off, so it needs to be cut off. Even though I'm not planning on taking it off anytime in the next say, ten years, there might still come a day, and I don't want to be making life hard for myself.

I imagine it would be a bit silly to re-use the existing sleeve, so does anyone have any preferences? It's a stock 2" exhaust, so any ideas as to size would help too.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thought I'd put this on here before embarrassing myself with the eBay shop...

Went to do the cat today and when I got under, noticed that the exhaust is flared on the section behind the cat. My replacement cat is flared on the end of the cat tubing.

I'm guessing they're not going to fit together, given I'd be trying to join two flared sections?

83dea813c44e9e33d7f4b0321d21ba93.jpg

You can see here that the cat tube is supposed to slide into the 'catback' section...

1374a723188a92166fdb0708e268f834.jpg

But here, the cat tubing is flared too...

You can imagine I really don't want to take it out to try and compare parts and see if it fits - so if anyone has any thoughts, I'd really love to hear them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just to update on this, the cat I've got will fit.

From the factory, it's basically two 2" pipes that are held together with a sleeve. Found that out when I undid it all the nuts and wiggled it along and the cat dropped down and it was a nightmare to put back together. Should have just fitted the new cat then and be done with it, but I need more beer and ibuprofen to be able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise