Temperature gauge warning light

justin_cupra

LCR 225
Jul 17, 2007
Basingstoke
Hi all,

The red flashing warning light on my temperature guage started flashing on Saturday (just once) and Sunday (again only the one time). It only did it from cold, once warmed up it stopped.

My coolant was a touch low, but not below minimum, I topped it up and now that light has stopped flashing.

I think that the problem must have been to do with the low coolant level (well, I hope!).
Any ideas????

Thanks for your feed back guys!

Justin

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Mine required no cleaning - looked brand new and i just topped the coolant up about a cm and worked for both my mine and the families leons as a while back these were the two remedies and it worked for me without possibly damaging the sensor.

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
Mine required no cleaning - looked brand new and i just topped the coolant up about a cm and worked for both my mine and the families leons as a while back these were the two remedies and it worked for me without possibly damaging the sensor.

x2 mine did not look low topped it up a little and not come back on. if it does come back on scrape the prongs as suggested.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

It's worked for a lot of people, for you it wasn't required :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members