Smooth tailgate

Cuprasi

I was thinking of removing the rear wiper on my Cupra, removing the Cupra letters and painting the Seat S black as its a black car. Does any one have any pics of a black mk4 with black seat badge? Also if anyone has pics of the handle removed completely that would be great :D

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
been thinking about it lately myself vbut i dno, heres a couple of photoshops, 1 of my own car and the other a black cupra to get a better idea of your own

orig.jpg

Untitled-1copy-12.jpg

mini-DSCF43342.jpg

mini-DSCF4334.jpg

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
a solenoid would be wat i would use, i remember thats what my brother done when he had his smoothed boot on his saxo years ago, not sure about the remote, i doubt it as it would need programmed into the boot and my guess is that its a different boot catch that would need to be able to recieve a signal from the key, which im guessing wont come standard unless u origonaly have the remote function

Cuprasi

Thanks for the replies every1 I do like the smoothed badge i done a photoshop of my car

debadged.jpg

I think im going to paint the badge black for now as getting the badge removed completely costs a bit more

The 3 button flip key remote works to unlock the boot but it doesn't pop it out as such, you still lift the handle.

IMO it looks better with the boot handle, and painting it black just looks as though someones attempted to spray it and failed. Same with painted black front badges, they just don't look good in my view.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Ive had mine done for almost a year now can check that out will
give you an idea as its also black.:) page 4 has picks of when it
was first fitted.

Last edited:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Would depend on the bodyshops prices. I was £200 then the price of a solinoid kit and springs on top of that so about 250 all in. hope that helps.