steel foot rest from that fits the golf?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Sorry guys. I have been hunting these threads. Someone here had a pic and a link for e-bay where they got the steel foot rest from that fits the golf. Can you please give me those details again.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Re: Help please!

Are you after this?

pedals3.jpg

It's the footrest from a mk4 golf, which is too long but just bends over at the top. I'll have a look for the link.

found it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-GTI-R...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439eb945b5

Last edited:

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset

I do think it it finishes off the pedal arrangement nicely, I ended up using double sided tape for a bit of extra grip.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough

Spikey you biscuit you!!! Thanks a million mate! that is it, I wanna get me one of those hehehehehehe. It really finishes off the pedal set so well. Does it not screw in mate? Where did you have to use the tape then?

Last edited:

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset

Yep screws in top & bottom, 5 mins to fit.... I just stuck tape on the back of it for that little extra grip.... not sure it made the blindest tho.....:D

I also have some sil protectors on the way soon, I'll post some pics up when they get here.

How you finding the boc then??? grin material or what???

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough

Wicked! can't wait to see it mate. Gave her a good wash today and have covered her up for the week. Joys of living and working in London, I only really get to enjoy her on week-ends. Been off this last week though and run 600+ miles on the clock already hahahahahahaha

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset

thats a fair few miles already :) I've done about 1100miles so far. Don't they draw a lot of attention...

I've bought stuff from gulf before & he's a good guy, with the foot rest be careful when you bend it over at the top, make sure your happy with the position as I recon you only get one bend in it. I ditched the supplied screw at the top for a self tapper as it was easier.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough

Well the plate arrived yesterday and I am well pleased with it. Spikey can you tell me exactly how you fitted it? Does the foot rest actually come out or do you have to do it in place as the fixing bolts have nuts and washers! I don't wanna do a botch job, that would just break my heart mate. I wanna fit it on the week-end if I can.

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.

Well the plate arrived yesterday and I am well pleased with it. Spikey can you tell me exactly how you fitted it? Does the foot rest actually come out or do you have to do it in place as the fixing bolts have nuts and washers! I don't wanna do a botch job, that would just break my heart mate. I wanna fit it on the week-end if I can.
yeah , got mine. just got to get the bloody car now. got loads of bits and bobs for her, just need to spoil her, give it some love and attention ...... oh baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset

Buddy no problem,

First I bent the rest into shape, then

I got a similar sized self tapper & used that to start a pilot hole off for the hole at the bottom.

Once the hole is started I took that out & used the washer & screw that came with the rest.

Then at the top used another self tapper to hold in at the top. Only did the top with one screw as it was solid & well out of sight.

If you take your time it's fine :D

here's a closer shot:
pedals1.jpg

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough

mmmmm yes, I see a screw at the top there so obviously you can remove the entire footrest right? otherwise how the heck are you getting the washer and nut on the inside?

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset

mmmmm yes, I see a screw at the top there so obviously you can remove the entire footrest right? otherwise how the heck are you getting the washer and nut on the inside?

I looked at that screw at the top of the foot rest & didn't bother to take it out, now from memory it is one of those security screw things.

My guess it that unscrew that & the whole foot rest would come out, but it's really easy to make the starter hole with a nice sharp self tapper tho.

I guess if you got the rest out you could pilot a small hole with a drill?? I went for the easy option tho - but it's up to you which way you go...

I picked up a handbrake cover from the dealers the other day, I really didn't like the feel of the standard item, especially when compared to the feel of the wheel & gear stick - now it's leather with piano black bits on it :D

Red FR

Im considering getting a hand brake cover myself, was it easy to fix? Any pics of the finished item?
Thanks

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
it was easy to a certain point then needed some washingup liquid & brut force for the final bit ;)

Looks great, feels loads better than the plastic, was on the pricey side tho. When I get a chance I'll take a pic.