My Mk5 Ibiza Bocanegra (Miltek Exhaust Fitted)

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
I’ve had the car a few months now so I thought id start a thread about it.

I got the car on March 1st the only option I picked was the Xenon’s which are very good.

Photo175.jpg

Photo176.jpg

Photo177.jpg

Photo179.jpg

Photo178.jpg

The first thing I did was to change the DRL’s to white LED’s as the stock ones are too yellow and don’t match the colour of the xenon’s

Photo192-1.jpg

I then changed the sidelights as again they did match the colour of the Xenon’s

Photo190-1.jpg

I then fitted a Forge Blowoff Spacer which gives the car a nice tisss which I love.

Next as I didn’t spec the Racing Breaks I decided I needed a little extra stopping power so I did a 312mm upgrade.

Old Breaks
Photo193.jpg

New v Old disks
Photo196.jpg

New Breaks
Photo198.jpg

Last edited:

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
This also improved the look of the wheel, as I felt the stock brakes looked a little small behind the wheel

Then i finally finished off the front end (light wise) with some LED fog lights

Photo269.jpg

This was not the easyest of things to do had to tak the bumper off to get to the light :)
Photo260.jpg

I then re painted the rear badge black and white to match the writing on the rear and painted the front badge white for a bit of contrast.

Photo281.jpg

Photo280.jpg

Now it was coilover time, I felt the original height of the car was way to high so I decided to do something about it

Photo286.jpg

Before
Photo239.jpg

After
Photo289.jpg

Photo291.jpg

Photo292.jpg

Much better
Handles so much better as well now.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Thats it for now.
Plans in the future, REVO, Side Skirts and Spoiler(maybe), Exhaust, ARB and prob much more ;)

Few extra photos i have knoking around :)

Photo234.jpg

Photo233.jpg

Photo232.jpg

Photo236.jpg

Photo237.jpg

Photo258.jpg

WallPaper5.jpg

Thats about it, hope u enjoy it :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Nice as always.

Still trying to puzzle out an issue I have with my 312mm brakes, got some parts now to see if it works then ill post up whats going on, not quite as straight forward as yours for some reason.

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
yes yes yes......

definetly loving this mate, do you really need to take off the front bumper to get to the fogs?? that mustve been a b**ger of a job?

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Nice as always.

Still trying to puzzle out an issue I have with my 312mm brakes, got some parts now to see if it works then ill post up whats going on, not quite as straight forward as yours for some reason.

Hmm turns out this wasn't as straght forward for me either, i had been getting a funny noise when breaking at times, i finally had time to check it out and found it was the pad was moving around.

My cus works at a VW garage and they fink it need the TT caliper as well as the carrier, disk etc which is y i have the old breaks bk on ( u may have notised in one of the pics after its been lowered) going to try this to see if it soves the issue.

Having meen meaning to pm u about urs and if u had the same trouble

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yes you do then mate, its the same as mine. Just got some TT calipers, it would seem the Ibiza ones are different. Mine however when the springs are fitted pulls the caliper over which makes a gap on the piston side pad. This means for the first pump you get no pedal which aint good. They work if you leave the springs off but the pads clank around which is really annoying.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Hmm when i get the cailpers il see if i get the same prob as u. Let us no if/when u solve this issue

Still its given me a chance to paint the calipers etc off the car (trying them in white;))

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I got a set of refurbed calipers and carriers for 160 inc postage off ebay and they look minty. Hopefully going on tomorrow, need to try them before they get painted just to check everything is ok.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Not bad hopefully that will solve the issue fingurs crossed

As for the wait maberzee it will go quickly just watch loads of u tube vids and live on here for the next 2 months thats wot i did :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I nearly thought sod it and ordered some APs from SEAT, but just discovered they have doubled the price of them since I fitted Eds for him, a synic would say its after reading threads on here about being able to do the conversion cheaper than they factory order.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.