whinging routes

sean443

hey all within the past few days i have delevoped a whinging noise from my engine (lc180auq) while accelerating basiclly sounds like i have a supercharger on my car it does it from around 1k all the way round the rev range and gets progresivly louder has any one had or got the same problem that can help me video to follow soon

sean443

thats what me and dannylad are thinking but cant pin point where the noise is coming from

sean443

Nope no smoke no loss of power but just that anoying whistle but the dv has got very quite now tho

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
sounds like my polo sounded when the diff went, it sounds to me like a bearing i.e tensioner, altenater, idler pulley( if they have got one

try what lee69 said or remove the belt and spin the pullies by hand 1 by 1 and listen

Pyro

try rubing soapy water on the DV you said it qieter may iuts failed or one the pieps come to and from it ;)

Mint

Apr 9, 2010
Midlands
Mine makes that noise and has done for a long time now, i just put it down to the turbo whistling when spooling up or do i have a problem also? :think:

sean443

Well my mate whos a mechanic has got my car now so hopfuly he can find out what is wrong with it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members