tommy_a's MK2 FL Leon Cupra Project -Sportlines fitted 12/03/11!!

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Thought i might aswell start one of these threads sooner or later as everyone else seems to have one !!

Well, lets start at the begining. From passing my test i have been a die hard peugeot owner!! After finishing my 106 RALLYE project last year, and then turning 25, i decided i needed to grow up a bit and get a car tha had more than 2 seats and a rollcage. So the search began.

I first started looking at the Focus ST, but it didnt really do anything for me. I then wanted to look at an Astra VXR, but realised there just too chavy!! I did managed to test drive Civic Type R, but coming from a highly tuned car weighing just above 800kg, the civic felt way too slow !!

Id already dismissed the Golf an S3 as they were too expensive!! I then went to loo at the Leon Cupra. It took one test drive to fall in love with the car. I ordered a brand new FL Cupra last oct and took delivery on 17th Jan this year. And ive never looked back !!!

Well enough words, here come lots of pics !!

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

First mod: Forge Spacer, brrmmmm tssssshhh!!!
IMG_1086.jpg

Second mod: Boost Gauge.
Picture052-1.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Third mod: Mtec bulbs + l.e.d. number plate bulbs.
IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

Last edited:

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4298.jpg

Hope you like it !! Ive also decided that im going to get a REVO remap and a Miltek downpipe as soon as funds allow !! I NEED MORE POWER !! :D

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Bit of an update. I went into Awesome Gti in november to price up going stage 2+. Once id gotten all the info i needed, one of the chaps that works there offered me 15% off the Revo stage 1 map if i went for it there and then. So I did !! :D
Half an hour later and several blast up and down the back roads testing i was a very very happy boy !! Unfortunately i couldnt get an rr result there and then as the guy who operated the rr was off. At that point i was too fussed as the car was now immense !! :D

As id not had it rolling roaded yet i was desperate to find out the power it was producing !! I saw that the NE were having an rr day so i jumped on the bandwagon !!
After watching a few stage 2+ cupras go on the rollers and getting very jealous it was my turn. Like everyone i was expecting around 300bhp now id gone stg1, but i was about to get a bit of a surprise !! Once it had its 3 runs it came out with 342bhp @ fly !!
As soon as i saw the figure i didnt beleive it, and knew something was a miss !! Speaking to a few people it seemed that the figures for the day seemed to be all over the place, not consistently high or low. So taking this into account i reckon its actually somewhere around 320bhp. I wont know for sure until i take it else where to see what happens !

Next on the cards will be either a downpipe or cat-back. Do i go for more power or more noise ?? hmmmmmm decisions decisions !! :D im also saving for rear spoiler, side skirts and Eibach sportlines to improve the looks a little !!

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
jammy git!!!

Got to love any discount on offer and the results NICE.

I really like the FL version with the revised interior, steering wheel is much nicer IMO.

Really great looking motor there mate.

In relation to Cat back or down pipe I would instead do the Cupra R exhaust/splitter

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
cheers for the comments!! yeah i was thinking about getting the Cupra R diffuser/exhaust combo but i might wait until miltek bring out there version before doing anything !! :D

Options i went for were: Black wheels, Convenience pack, winter pack and Seat Media system. wish id gone for the bi xenons now though !! :(

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Good spec there mate, xenons I agree are a nice extra but from experience sometimes can end up costly.

If the miltek is cheaper then yeah otherwise I'd just get the R one.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
UPDATE !!

Went into Awesome on friday and purchased a Neuspeed P-flo intake. I had to wait until today before i could fit it, but now its on it was defo worth the wait !! :D

Over all im pleased with the quality and fitment of the kit, but i did come across one problem. Once id taken the standard airbox/engine cover off and offerd the Neuspeed pipe up to the car, it was hitting on an electrical plug which wouldnt let it sit far enough back !! It as a simple fix though. I removed the bracket that held the plug in place, turned it upside down and rebolted it on. Problem solved !! :D

Also, im not too sure if its because of the daft electronic noise maker the FL Cupras have in them, but when booting it with the windows up it sounds like the noise is coming from under the dash/passener speaker area. Plus it sounds like its under water aswell !! Might have to find the electronic noise thing and remove it !! :D Anyone else had this problem or is it just me ??

anyway, now for the pics !!

from this:
IMG_4658.jpg

to this:
IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

Last edited:

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Ive just now removed the Forge spacer as it sounded pretty crap in comparison to the intake !! So now ive got a lovely Forge paper weight !! :D

weejim

Oct 31, 2009
west lothian
hi guys ive fitted mines 2 the car 2day,great bit of kit,when i took it out a run a s**t myself with the sound lol it sounds like nut and bolts rattling about in the engine,never had an open cone that sounds like this b4 and was just wondering if its thats how they sound ? am goin 2morrow to get ducting pipe 2 make up a couple of cold air feeds.

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
I had a shot of allens evoms filter and it wasn't for me.... Too much for my journey to work on the dual carriageway but the look in the engine bay Is ****ing awsome :)

Also prefer the piping to my dbilas intake :)

I noticed you were after a engine cover is this to cut and fit along with the intake?

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
once id fitted the intake i was like fook me its awesome !! :D but after driving around a little i was thinking if id made a mistake buying it coz its quite loud. but ive learnt that taking it slowly you cant hear it, but giving it beans it sounds immense !! :D

yeah i was looking for another engine cover to chop up to fit alongside the Neuspeed. but not too sure if i want to now as im quite liking the look of the bay without it !! i want to do a few bits to tidy the bay up but ill leave that until summer i think !!

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
When I get my dbilas fitted I am going to be making my engine cover fit as it's ****ed anyway and I have a brand new one in the loft courtesy of the dealer who distroyed it! :)

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
just my current situation might be changing very soon so wont have enough money to survive if i keep it!! :( gutted aint the word mate !! its the best car ive ever owned and ill probably shed a tear if and when it goes !! :(

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
just my current situation might be changing very soon so wont have enough money to survive if i keep it!! :( gutted aint the word mate !! its the best car ive ever owned and ill probably shed a tear if and when it goes !! :(

Poor show dude. But needs must. What you after now?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.