Possible issue with Forge twintake fitting.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hi all,

I have bought a Forge Twintake off a mate, and when looking at the parts I noticed that on the pipework for the canisters there is signs of rubbing against something in the engine bay. The scoring was quite extensive, as the pipe work isn't that thick.

Anyway without fitting I couldn't tell what was rubbing. So when fitting, I looked at where it could be rubbing or whether it was just the way it was fitted previously.
I found that there is a OEM Squeeze clip (don't know the correct name), and the pipe work rubs against the lugs.

All I have done to stop this, is to turn the the clip 45 degree's anticlock wise. This give around 5mm clearance. I have also used metal stick to repair the damage.

I have arrowed the affected area, for those who have fitted it might be worth checking for the same issue.

Please note, this isn't a slight on Forge manufacturing.

SDC11704.jpg

SDC11703.jpg

SDC11702.jpg

Hope this helps.

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
This is good to know as I'm awaiting mine I orders 3 weeks ago. Will check this when fitting it.

Does it sound any different with it fitted and has the throttle response improved with it?

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
This is good to know as I'm awaiting mine I orders 3 weeks ago. Will check this when fitting it.

Does it sound any different with it fitted and has the throttle response improved with it?

To be honest, I haven't noticed any change with the response. But it's worth it for the noise. If driven is conservative, you can't really hear it. But under half or full throttle sounds wicked.

mouse1989

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Jul 10, 2008
Wokingham/Reading
Ive just recently fitted the twintake and it sounds superb, agree with 'markgb' that havnt really seen any change with throttle response but i pressume it need the stage to map alongside the other parts needed for stage 2.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
looking good markgb. Get the map tweaked for a few extra horses.

If I can get along to any of the meets would like to hear how this differs to the ITG (assuming my car still running by then!)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I had this problem when mine was fitted ...did not noticed at first but at a closer inspection it was rubbing against the metal alot however its easily resolved by adjusting the piping and the length (not by chopping but just moving them ever so slightly) i think it be easier as a 2 man job but took me awhile to get it right well sort of aleast and yes the twintake is great!

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
ive just got myn and fitted it, had no trouble around this area but had to cut a little tab off the top of the radiator sub frame as the air duct wouldnt fit flush.

The sound is strange, different to any other induction kit iv ever had, a really loud swirl noise as the air is sucked up., really need an exhaust to get the deep throaty sound and turn them pathetic burbles into proper pops :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.