Issue with Wing Mirror Mk1 Leon Cupra

Nov 25, 2023
Hi again folks,

Back again with another issue. Surprise suprise.
This should, hopefully, be a short issue with a quick fix however I am unsure where to start.
Today, I had tried fitting a aftermarket head unit with no luck, but that did involve me disconnecting the battery. Once everything was back in place, battery and all, I turned the car over and tried to extended my wing mirrors. However, the off side (drivers side) wing mirror was moving wayyyy past its usual open position. I had tried to give it a little nudge back to the correct location, however that didn't work.

I shall attach some images to this thread to help anyone understand the issue more.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice.
IMG_2417.jpg

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
You might have to force it back.

Worse case scenario is you have to get a second hand one. They're really easy to swap.

What's the problem with the head unit?

Nov 25, 2023
You might have to force it back.

Worse case scenario is you have to get a second hand one. They're really easy to swap.

What's the problem with the head unit?
Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the response. I forgot to update this morning, but it has managed to fix itself and is now operating as usual! (Must be my lucky day).
Should the need come I would've replaced it without hesistation.

In regards to the head unit, I simply wanted to swap it for an aftermarket one as I want to a bit of an audio upgrade all round the car. The head unit itself works perfectly and has since I've owned the vehicle.

Thank you for your input!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Great news!
The head units are easy to change but two things to note:
- aftermarket stereos need a radio amplifier, which you connect to the blue wire on the new wiring harness. They're not expensive.
- virtually all of them need the yellow wire and the red wire swapping over in order to save the settings. Some brands come with swap connectors already on the new wiring harness.

You'll probably want a facsia adapter too as the Aura unit is wider than a new stereo

Reactions: BadBoy03
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members