Adam's K03s Imperial Blue Mk3 Ibiza Cupra: car sold BUT HAVE SOME BITS LEFT OVER

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Hello all.

Not made a progress thread yet so thought id do one as ive made quite a bit of progress!

All the first few posts are from the Saxo owners website so the 1st few might not make sense time wise!!

Used to own a Saxo vts and then a 206 gti 180. I like the ibiza cupra as its a good middle ground between comfort cruising and rawness/feel of the car and whats happening.

Engine
1.8T AYP
Ko3s Turbo
Forge TIP
Forge 006 Diverter Valve Yellow spring
DV coldside relocation kit
Blueflame decat downpipe
Jetex stainless steel exhaust system with oval tip
Uni FMIC with blue silicone hosing
Jetex induction kit with coldside relocation tubing
4bar fpr + S3 pump
Bypasses done
NGK iridium sparkplugs
R8 Oil Cap
Revo stage 2 remap

Suspension/Transmission
FK Coilover coated in waxoyl
OEM clutch and gearbox
Seat Front upper strut brace
15mm H&R rear spacers

Brakes
Mintex discs and pads all round on OEM mountings

Wheels and Tyres
Cades Eros 16inch 7J Black with Polished lip, Toyo Proxes T1-r 195/45 all round

Exterior
Lowered considerably
Colour-coded bump strips
Custom front bumper
Stubby drivers mirror
Bonnet bra
LCR splitter
TRS tow strap
Heko wind deflectors
Pressed plates
Sprayed front + rear badge, debadged 'seat' and 'ibiza'
6000k HID kit + Osram Diadems + all ice white LED bulbs interior and exterior
Retro wiper blades all round
Mini aerial from Seat Alhambra
Pedo bear sticker
Seatcupra.net Stickers

Interior
Sprayed door sills satin black
Custom 'Ibiza' front mats
Boost gauge in A pillar pod
Standard half leather seats with grey inserts
Satin black rocker cover and inlet manifold

I.C.E.
Sony CD player with USB and AUX interface
Alpine 10inch sub with Alpine mono sub
Infinity component speakers fully amped
Some 6X9's

Bodywork maintained using high standard cleaning products

Anyway heres the car standard... (apologies for poor pic)

untitled.jpg

Then today these few goodies (bra, leon cupra splitter and wind deflectors) had piled up so started getting them on...

before...

DSC00544.jpg

after...

DSC00548.jpg

and before...

DSC00546.jpg

and after...

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

List of things still to do/get...

Coilovers
Fit Forge diverter falve and Forge turbo intake pipe as well as Jetex filter
Some sort of front mount intercooler
Full turbo back exhaust system including decat downpipe (likely BlueFlame)
New Mintex discs and pads front and rear
6000k HIDS and all white smd led's all round
Sort out a few minor bodywork blemishs to make mint :cool:
maybe some light tints on the rear windows and some pretty hoses for engine bay!
Get some sexy wheels and paint the calipers either black or blue.
Aero wipers
Sort the I.C.E

Then the all important REVO remap from MONSTER motorsport as there just down the road, will ask if it will go stage 2 on the K03 turbo.

The next month should be eventful as i hope to get all these things done within a short space of time, meanwhile the car is going to be sitting in 'hibernation' in my garage!

DSC00549.jpg

Adam

Last edited:

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Just a mini update, painted the door sill/kick plate things as they were a nasty grey colour before...

the top one is what they did look like and the bottom ones been half sprayed...

DSC00552.jpg

then finished...

DSC00563-1.jpg

Adam

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Anyways - i had the money for the Forge TIP and Forge DV along with a front mount intercooler before the sale of the 206 and those bits got put on the other day... heres a couple of pics :)

The forge tip is a bugger to get on but here it is fitted with the shiny diverter valve attached...

DSC00570.jpg

and heres the restrictive bit it replaced! (note the plastic dump valve from before haha)

DSC00568-1.jpg

then was the front mount...

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

bargain at £100 quid (cheers Arron)!!!! got rid of this pityful thing...

DSC00566-1.jpg

nice air ducts tho...

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Ok so car went in for front bumper respray 1) as it was nt looking good 2) to accomodate front mount 3) to colour code bumpstrip. also had the arch done and it all came in bang on what id budgeted for the work.

so here is it on its way out...

DSC00572-1.jpg

also had all new MINTEX discs and pads all round as trhe other ones were very worn!

also had these waiting to be fitted

DSC00573.jpg

and on...

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00577-1.jpg

DSC0057402.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

then also managed to get some H7 HIDS so easy to fit!!! these are 6000k and fitted some complimentary sidelights also :)

DSC005900.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
so apprently the rear wheels sit too far in at the back of these so 20mm spacers help the looks and the handling of the car...

voila...

DSC00594.jpg

before...

DSC00595-1.jpg

after...

DSC00596-1.jpg

mucho better :) also got ma induction kit 2 weeks after i ordered it...

big blue and sweeeeeeeet...

DSC00597-1.jpg

debadged the rear while i was on a role... sneaky hairdryer :homme:

DSC00591-1.jpg

ta daaaaaaa...

DSC00593.jpg

then today my boost gauge and pod arrived so got to it...

DSC00603.jpg

15mins later all vacuumed up

DSC00604-1.jpg

boosts ahealthy but standard 6-7 psi... after remap hope to see a strong circa 20psi!!!

whooooooooosh...

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
LARGE UPDATE

Managed to make some decent progress since last post.

After waiting forever for my blueflame decat downpipe to arrive it finally did, 3 months later.

As soon as it arrived this allowed me to go ahead and purchase a full exhaust system and went for a Jetex system with a nice oval tip, i'm very happy with it! Not horrifically loud like some blue flame full systems so doesnt drown out the lovely spool and blow off sound.

Also have got an unsilenced k03s turbo waiting to go on.

Once this is on i can take it back to monster motorsport to adjust the stage 2 REVO map ive had done, they also need to do a full road test as they think there might be a slight boost leak losing me about 10 bhp. Once the road test is done they can send data back to REVO and find more precisley whats causing the loss.

DSC00743.jpg

Ive also had a stubby drivers mirror ordered from german ebay looks sweeeeet!!! aswel as some pressed plates to smarten that bit up.

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

Finally the car has had a quick rotary treatment with g3 compound and 3m refining finishing stuff. Then i finished the thing off with some dodo purple haze.

Heres some pics (not great al from phone camera and taken in underground carpark at night)

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

Future stuff:

obviously get k03s and all timing etc sorted

Got some standard alloys in white to put on with some 15mm hubcentric spacer as not too keen on the speedline's. Ideally looking to get some lenso BSX's when some come up for sale.

Upgrade a few pipes to silicone.

Adapt headunit to allow for my usb/cd player aswell as standard instruments/facia etc.

maybe a summer bonnet respray as thats the only panel that isint as mint as the rest, although not that bad.

Thats about it. :) Adam

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
very nice buddy, thats the colour i would want with a mk3, and standard white wheels will look loads better. ive been rocking mine for a few years now!

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
looks really nice adam and glad you got exhaust sorted in the end lol!! it looks even better in the metal. like it alot!;)

cheers man!

how are those coilies? that the lowest it will go?

gav

coilies are all good, can go lower yes!!! can only just get off my drive at current height though.

That is VERY tasty!! 20mm spacers look awesome.. I need to get some myself, how much they on the market for?

ive swapped for 15mm spacers now, there the perfect size for no rubbing and going super low. they cost like £50 on das ebay.

Adam

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
WOW no update in 6 months!!

Progress has been slow this half of the year due to moving house and mainly fixing things.

Cupra has had the a couple of coilpack incidents and has a leaky coolant pipe slowing any major progress.

Sorted the coilpacks easy enough changed all 4 while i was there :]
and a quick change of a small coolant pipe and no more leaks.

Fitted a tow strap a while back purely for looks and id lost the little tow cover plastic anyway lol...

IMG_0033.jpg

My friend decided to buy a k1 leon aswell heres a few pics

IMG_0052-1.jpg

IMG_0047-1.jpg

Turbo Stuff....

the ko3s turbo which i moved from one shed to another finally got put on only to find it was smoking all over the place so have had to source another one and im now waiting for that to arrive.

heres the latest turbo, no signs of oil residue on the inside and previous owner has reassured me there is pretty much zero play in the shaft so should be all good!

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03287.jpg

the smokey turbo thats on atm does pull way better, so hopefully once i have a non smokey one on and take the car to the dyno for adjustments should be awesome :-D

Wheels!

Finally got the perfect set i wanted for the summer some brand new Cades Eros black with polished lip got the for a really good price too, running contisports on the front and t1r toyos on the back. The standard white alloys are in the shed stored ready for winter ;-)

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

still on the look out for a DA polisher so i can get the best out the paintwork then will get some proper photos on a proper camera not just iphone!

Also got a front upper strut brace, hard to see as its black might paint it up at some point...

IMG_0069.jpg

So plans to dooo:

change turbo for non-smokey one fingers crossed
have map adjusted to suit
have rear 3 windows medium tinted
respray bonnet to bring it back to its best
sort stereo/centre display thing out so its all one!
paint strut brace maybe
then a nice big clean

after that i dont really know.

thoughts etc welcome, Adam

ps i have a perfect ko3 turbo if anyone wants it and some 15mm spacers with longer bolts brand new sitting doing nothing aswell as a engine cover for the ibiza :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.