Tire Prices

• Thread starter Deleted member 49882
  • Start date

Deleted member 49882

Fooking 'ell...just got a right shock there when I ordered two replacement Pirellis for the Boc...£280 for two tires including VAT! Thought that was well steep! Have to go ahead and order them as it seems I am pretty close to the legal limit. New boots due in on Thursday.

I remember not so long ago ordering Contact Sport 3's for my Clio 197 and they were only £110 a corner. I thought by changing from the Clio to the Boc, I was making an economical move lol. Wouldnt want to be changing the tires too often at that price. I know if I shop around I could probably get them cheaper, but I need them now, so will just have to sup it up.

Note to self - must not accelerate so hard in future all the time :cartman:

Deleted member 49882

Incidently...I have 12200 miles on the clock. Suppose that isn't too bad in terms of how long the tires have lasted (although, if I am being honest, I sort of expected to see about 14k miles from the tires). I was used to seeing about 9000 or 10000 miles at best on the Clio. I think I need to look at my driving style as a matter of urgency lol!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I will be rotating my wheels when I do my 10k/1st year service so should see 20k out them altogether brfore needing to be replaced hehehehehehhe

Deleted member 55317

im on 19k miles and am nearly replacing both fronts again got 9K out of the 1st set......£260 last time before the VAT hike...so 20K on 4 tyres aint to bad......i asked the garage to rotate them on my service but they didnt (no suprise) and ive never really bothered doing it myself

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
You should try camskill for the tyres, they're really cheap. I got a full set of Toyo T1Rs for under £200 delievered

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I will be rotating my wheels when I do my 10k/1st year service so should see 20k out them altogether brfore needing to be replaced hehehehehehhe

False economy though as you end up replacing four rather than two so you don't save anything.

Tyre prices have jumped up recently due to oil prices etc.

Deleted member 49882

False economy though as you end up replacing four rather than two so you don't save anything.

Tyre prices have jumped up recently due to oil prices etc.

...and VAT! But....new boots fitted today and it makes such a difference to the feel of the car! Pricey, but worth it :coolthumb

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.