312 Boxter Front Brakes or AP Racing kit?

bogdan_wrc

S3 driver
Feb 18, 2009
Eastern Europe
So, for my 2001 1.8T S3, with standard 312 front brakes I need an upgrade. Until now, these two options were found.
the standard Porsche Boxter brakes use same 312 discs as I already have (which currently are EBC Turbo Groove), and with Ferodo DS2500 pads can be available for ~1000 pounds, so this price is without any discs,but with the mounting kit for my car.
the AP Racing 4 pistons BBK complete with discs made from two parts, such as in this picture
http://img145.imageshack.us/i/apracing4pistonre8.jpg/
comes at around ~1400 pounds.
but, the AP Racings discs are a little bit more expensive when needed to change, meaning around 400 pounds the set of two, while good 312 discs, for the Porsche brake setup are 150 pounds. (prices available for my country).
the APRacing kit comes also wth ferodo Ds2500 pads.
So, what is the best option? taking into consideration, that now, my car has around 1500 kgs with driver, ~280 hp and rarely sees the track, but most often, curvy, mountain roads.
So, the budget being somehow limited, the APRacing are "~400 pounds" better for my car that the Porsche setup?

thank you for your replies.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
personally.. I would'nt touch the boxter-s rears on the front.. wrong size pistons and give sa very firm pedal without the stopping power.. you have to push very hard, worse than std calipers by a long way.

possible option of the AP's like tuffty on 323x28 LCR disks with suitable brackets...
i have brackets for these TVR/AP's for 323 or 330 fitment - same as tuffty runs

bogdan_wrc

S3 driver
Feb 18, 2009
Eastern Europe
so, how much will cost a complete set (suited for my car) of TVR/APs with fitment for 323 or 330 (i do not know if 330 will fit my standard 17" wheels), with brackets, and metal hoses (do you have these? ) and possible ferodo ds2500 pads? the Ds2500 are the ones for Cupra R also?
and shipment can you calculate, also? to Romania, meaning.
what kind of discs will they fit? standard OEM CupraR 323 discs?
thank you :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members