What are some good performance (not track) brake pads for a post-2021 Ibiza V (KJ1) ?

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
What are some good performance (not track) brake pads for a post-2021 Ibiza V (KJ1) ? Probably will just use with the stock discs for now (vented front, regular rear - I have a an Ibiza FR 110 TSI), though may consider some better discs too, when those wear out.

Are EBC Brakes "Red Stuff" or "Green Stuff" pads any good for street use?

Any other ones worth considering for non-track use (so not Ferodo DS2500) that won't void my warranty?

Last edited:

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Any other ones worth considering for non-track use (so not Ferodo DS2500) that won't void my warranty?
Have a look a Mintex they are offering a range of pads to suit from normal car use to full track spec.
I personally have a set that are both street and track, next level is entry level track use only and I am very happy with them.

Reactions: Metalogic

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
Have a look a Mintex they are offering a range of pads to suit from normal car use to full track spec.
I personally have a set that are both street and track, next level is entry level track use only and I am very happy with them.
Am having trouble finding some Mintex pads suitable for my Ibiza, what model codes are your ones?

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
I can vouch for EBC 👍🏼 I’ve had Bluestuff, but Redstuff would be best for you, no?

Here's some comparision tablesof the different EBC pads, I think I was a but put off by the Blue Stuff pads because they produce a lot of dust and I don't want to be having to clean my alloys all the time. The downside with the Red Stuff pads is that they require more warm-up time for optimal performance, which I guess could be an issue for shorter journeys, especially in winter. Yellow stuff pads (from what I've read) are harsh on the rotors (especially if I stay with the stock ones), so could wear them out quickly.

R.jpg

R (1).jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.