GUIDE: Middle Sunvisor !

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Ok, so i ordered and collected the VW Golf MK4 3rd middle sunvisor in black from VW. Cost £8.72 inc VAT and part number 3B0-858-555-C-B41

DSC02238.jpg

Start by removing the middle W8 light so you can get access to the roof lining. To remove the interior light, remove the glass lens and you will see 2 screws. Undo them and gentle squeeze the 2 grey clips to remove the unit. Once removed unplug it so its not in your way. If your worried about electrics then disconnect your battery before hand.

Once the interior light is removed you can see inside the roof lining. There isn't anything the other side of the roof lining for the middle sunvisor to screw in to, so here's what i did. I found a bit of scrap wood and cut a size of 6.5cm long and 1cm thick and stuck some double sided tape to each side of it.

DSC02241.jpg

Then squeeze it in to the gap between the roof and the lining. This can be tricky as the double sided tape wants to stick before you got it in place. Make sure its about in the center.

DSC02245.jpg

Now get your middle sunvisor and line it up against the roof lining and centre it. Once in place if you push it into the roof lining hard enough the screw and retainer clips will leave a mark in the roof lining and they are the bits that need drilling or cutting. When you can see the indentation in the roof lining grab a pen and mark them out. i used a 3.5mm drill bit and gently drilled 3 holes in to the roof lining. Watch the otherside of the roof lining as your drilling so it doesn't touch any of the metal on the inside of the roof. If you dont have or want to drill then try cutting it with a knife or similar sharp object. Make sure you don't slip and cut a big slash in the roof lining though.

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

Now get your middle sunvisor line up the screw and the 2 prongs on it and push them into the holes you just drilled or cut and screw the middle screw it into the wood.

DSC02251.jpg

Now re install the w8 light remembering to plug the wiring back in and screw it in with the 2 screws you removed earlier.

That's it your done. The visor can be mounted backwards or forwards. I done mine forwards as that's how i wanted it but the choice is yours. try it both ways and see what you like best. Mine looks abit out of place colour wise untill i get the black sunvisors and W8 light and dye\cover the roof lining.

DSC02249.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
or you could get a w8 light and spray it black!!

i would love a sunroof!!

edit: i would love some sun so i could use a sunroof!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.