Alarmed !!!!!

well parked on drive (slight slope) alarm going off - cant use remote to open doors, alarm wont switch off with key in ignition and engine running. Runs through several cycles of alarm then shuts up. Then remote key fob works, all quiet and heaven. Then able to pull the isolator buttons to switch off interior alarm and tilt alarm 0 ha sussed - but then went off when I moved the car into the road on the level and goes off whilst driving [:@]

Any ideas anyone :cry:

mcdonald

Did you have the plastic covers installed as mentioned in this post (point 5): http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=312170

The covers with the following part numbers are highly recommended:
- A8E2 819 422 AO 1C Battery Cover £5.17
- A8E2 819 447 01 C Scuttle cover £12.60

Also the rubber gasket (point 6) will keep your engine bay more dry and clean.

If the car is going to the dealer tell him to install these 3 items!

exeo_motorrubber.jpg

On my list to do - got print off in my pocket to show the dealer what I want (service manager wasnt aware of them when I mentioned them this morning....)

I do notice the LHD has the aircon and battery in opposite locations so hope there is a UK version to take into account the sweep of the edging - also there is a knobbly bit for the wiper fitting.

Has made me concerned that some rain can cause so much havoc on a new car:blink:

mcdonald

I installed the covers when I found the battery of my car covered with snow last year.

The covers cost peanuts compare with the damage. They're easy and quickly to install.

The rubber gasket will prevent water and dust enter the engine bay, especially during driving when it's raining.

when the car was made they didnt seal it right along the bulkhead so all the recent rain went straight into the car and flooded the passenger footwell. The ECU for the central locking is under the front passenger carpet -so schwimmm

The car has had the seats and carpet taken out and they are going to try and seal it tomorrow for me to potentially collect on Wednesday:thumbd:

For those who bought the covers and engine bay seal - where did you get them from:- SEAT; Audi; or other supplier??? :think:

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
**** you don't expect that from a brand new car :(

Hopefully they'll seal it all up properly and it'll come back perfect, and not stink all mouldy...

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
For those who bought the covers and engine bay seal - where did you get them from:- SEAT; Audi; or other supplier??? :think:

I got mine from my local Audi dealer and they had them in stock. The parts guy was aware that they were retrofitted and said that they sell quite a lot of them.

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
just had a phone call - theyre keeping it in for observations lol - but seriously they are talking about taking seats and carpet out !!!!!!!:cry:

Hi, sorry to hear of your problems, please bear in mind the covers are not a solution to the water ingress problem, they make the car look complete but in doing so prevent you from seeing the build up of water in the plenum chamber due to blocked drain grommets. The water is designed to go into that chamber and you cannot prevent this. My Audi A4 had all the covers, but in my sons ownership, has flooded the passenger side, he had a tree near to where he parks and the sap stuck the drain grommets together causing the interior flood and lots of problems. I can forgive this on a 12 year old car, but I can't believe I am reading this about new Exeos,I don't think you are the only one and some of the dealer excuses sound very feeble... Julian

OrangePeel

Aug 23, 2008
Paisley
Given that this (water build up/blocked drain grommets) seams relatively common, is this something that stealers would check on a service or should I/we be mentioning it as a specific item that we would like checked?

picked the car up from the dealers - all dried out and reassembled

liaising with SEAT UK Customer Care - who I must say rang me within 12 hrs of the "feedback" (which I left in the evening anyway) Discussing what can be done to restore my confidence in the brand:think:

Ordering the audi bits to at least help add some additional protection (covers x4 + rubber seal). Understand audi get through lots of the covers because customers dont know how to install/uninstall them and keep breaking them !!!! - any advice from those who know?

mcdonald

The rubber is something you just have to push on the steel edge on the side of the engine compartment. In the above picture you can see where it start and ends. You might have to cut off a little part of the rubber with a small saw (it's enforced with steel).

For the two covers over the battery bay you have to remove the rubber in front of it by pulling it. There is a smaller cover installed on one side of the bay already. Look how this is installed.
Than install the big cover first. The edges of this cover have to go under the steal near the front window.
After the big cover has been placed, you can place the rubber back.
Now install the small cover over the battery by sliding it.

I've never installed the other 2 covers. The one that installed over the screenwash bottle needs some extra parts for securing. The securing depends also on the type of cooling liquid bottle is installed.

Got the Audi bits today. Removed the small cover on the right,, and installed main scuttle cover A8E2 819 01C - £12.60 but it has a gap on the left where the ECU is ??? Battery cover fitted £5.17 and was advised that they are easy to break if you dont install it properly i.e. slide in from left to right not push down. Going to fit the main engine compartment gasket tomorrow as ran out of time and it started raining.

Got the Aircon cover from the list of mods A8H0 103 928 LHS....but cant see where to fit it !!! (the picture is if a 1.8 petrol not the 2.0 diesel) so it might be going spare. Dealer still hasnt got my sat nav disc yet:headhurt:

[:@] got the SEAT weekend blues.... went to fill up with fuel and the central locking relase for the fuel fileer cap doesnt work and was locked shut...gggrrrrrr

AA were great and out within 15 minutes. However.....if you have the BOSE system the kit and bracket cover up the manual internal release mechanism !!!!!!! :censored:

So with great care n skill nice AA man used his pointy proddy thing to push the pin out of the way from the fuel filler flap side

so...back to the dealers:headhurt:..also the pin dissappeared into the bodywork - so wonder where thats ened up

mcdonald

What item in the picture did Mr. AA operate to open the flap?
I think he should have used item 4.

10f75g4.png

The locking mecanism is part of the convenience system. The locking motor is directly linked to the central control unit.
If unlocking of the tank filler flap fails you might start wondering what more doesn't work (airbags?).

Just do some checks like opening/closing windows, unlocking/locking boot with rc, interior lights, reversing lights, etc.

This is on the ST - We pulled the "quick release" loop and that did nothing as the locking pin was still in place. Unsecrewed part of the BOSE set up - but the mounting frame and bracket are physically in the way pf the locing mechanism. So used the pointy proddy thingy to push the pin back from the fuel flap side squeezing through the gap and trying not to damage the paintwork !

While I am at it - airflow - with the fan on setting I and the vents on fully open - there seems to be a lot of air being pushed through - so trying to work out if the rehostat on the blower mechanism is stuffed aswell. :confused:

Fitted the scuttle covers and engine bay gasket and was pleased to see the effect on diverting the rainwater to the sides rather than all over the components (as i am sure the battery doesnt need a wash every time it rains)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members