TFSI: 008851 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
do you guys run engine covers?

my engine cover came loose and hit the top of the fuel pump and broke the connector on top , some have had this happen which has left a hair crack on the sensor and works every now and again.

I would check this sensor for any damage.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
do you guys run engine covers?

my engine cover came loose and hit the top of the fuel pump and broke the connector on top , some have had this happen which has left a hair crack on the sensor and works every now and again.

I would check this sensor for any damage.

Already checked - and nope the engine cover has been long removed, Thanks

Defin no cracks but I got a new pump on its way - Annoyingly the part that has cracked can't be replaced on its own and its also the part that has become faulty on my car (pretty sure...)

Last edited:
May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Small Update:-

Swapped my pump for another pump today (thanks to JC on the forum!)

Cleared the codes on vag com and settings on stock (revo)

Car is driving okay again without restrictions like I experienced before...Working fine in stock mode and no Engine lights appearing.

Downside though :( The Autotech Internals on my old pump has basically seized up - Going to check it out fully tomorrow and rebuild it

The Autotech Internals been on the car for about 50K. (Pump was built using moly grease aswell)...

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Just thought I update the thread with some photo's

First pic is the my old pump with the Seized Autotech Internals :cry: however it will be rebuilt pretty soon :funk:

Currently using the newer pump (Stock Internals with Stock Settings) seems okay no Errors at all.

The rest is just photos of the older pump.

img1429th.jpg

img1430xk.jpg

img1431dt.jpg

img1434gr.jpg

The Autotech internals have now been in the car for over 50k without much issue until now, but for some reason it’s now decided to seize up. I am still unsure what has caused the problem (still rather confused). As I mentioned the Internals were moly greased applied...
I experienced fuel cuts before then they vanished, this is when I was on stage2+ at the beginning but eventually the issue just faded away.

Last edited:

seat 240

On the same subject...I mite convert my stupid banjo bolt to the rubber hose type along with a stud kit for the HPFP for easier cam follower checks.

b280d848.gif

Apparently these's are the parts needed...

pos 17 - 06F127509AB
pos 31 - 06F127511B 4
pos 25 - N90986501 X2

Source:- from a golf forum ;)

dus any one know the part number to 3

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Th moly grease will not stay for long it is mainly to assist the bedding in. The moly grease is fast dissolved by the fuel that passes true.