Jul 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I’ve got a Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDI and the ABS, traction control, handbrake and tyre pressure lights on the dash all came on suddenly yesterday after driving for about 10 minutes. They don’t flash and just stay on permanently until I turn the car off then they disappear but come on again after driving a short distance.

I initially thought my brake fluid might be low but checked that and it’s fine so no leaks in the system. No error codes coming up on my basic ODB device either.

I’ve been doing some research and a lot of people are pointing the faults to either the ABS sensor, hub or pump. Reading through others posts with similar issues, I’ve found most people are only reporting the ABS, traction control and tyre pressure lights on the dash though whereas I have the handbrake light on as well.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and solved it before I take it to a garage in case it’s something I can fix myself?

Thank you :)

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I had an abs sensor through these up but you’ll need a plug to identify which corner, could be the bearing rather than the sensor too?

Sep 13, 2022
Hi mate, I had some similar problem time ago, if you can get a vagcom scan tool (there are some cheap ones) then you can use the VCDS software to give more detailed error log.

I had these lights on, I recall the break light blinked and another times wont.

To make it shorter, my abs module had a factory fault and it was replaced by SEAT without cost, recall program.

IMG-20131125-00023.jpg

This was my failed ABS module...

The cars affected report:
1688351477877.png

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.