Cupra r rear diffuser

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Haha I am not running that fast with mods only thing that holds me back is money. :( shame I don't have lots of it.
The colour, the colour, ermmm! I think I am gonna go with glossy black as I already wrapped my rear valance matt black and doesn't stand out at all. as going for the all black theme I think this will fit the best. and as my car is purple it will stand out alot more.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Mine...

WP_000130.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_000129.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_000133.jpg
[/IMG]

Jmate

That looks nice!

So what parts do you need, just the diffuser, exhaust and a decent body shop?

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I am gonna fit mine myself don't think you really need a body shop. maybe a good vinyl wrapper or painter.

I am liking that is different with the carbon fibre lip. and matt black still is on the top bit

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Lol its got a carbon fibre lip because I cracked itt reversing into something, only a bit on the top left but I could notice so decided to cover it :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Its pretty easy:

Use small self tapper screws ( Dont bother with the pop rivets that are supplied with the kit {If you bought from dealers}) to screw the plastic trim bit onto your original valence ( or a new one)

Wigan-20120509-00101.jpg

Then mark out the two cut outs for the exhaust, just draw straight lines from the "arches" on the new trim piece. Then cut them out using a jigsaw or a stanley knife with a saw blade on it. NOTE: This does not need to be accurate whatsoever because the diffuser trim is glued on top, hiding everything.

Wigan-20120509-00105.jpg

Then put a bead of silicone/ adhesive ( Tiger seal or similar) { supplied in the kit if bought from dealers}) on the top edge of diffuser trim and bottom edges of the original valence, then put the diffuser trim on top and clamp together or hold together with tape!

EASY!

Then get it sprayed gloss black .....

Wigan-20120514-00111.jpg

Then bolt on a Milltek and enjoy!!! BRUUUUUUURR

292507_10150782488186671_701071670_9770371_1459000160_n.jpg

Last edited:

zak

Feb 2, 2012
london
Buzz good choice I did this conversion to my cupra its an easy mod, the exhaust note completely changes when you give it some beans !! The best way to chop the existing exhaust is either on a lift or remove the system , what your plans for diffuser colour wise ? I did mine black as my cupra is white , I have seen diffuser in white . Bet you do the mod very soon knowing what your like with previous posts !!! Warp factor 9 buzz !!!!

where can i buy that back box from or was it custom made? any ideas...

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
so im totally confused on how you fit this splitter

am i correct in saying you guys are bolt or pop rivotting the bracket to the original diffuser and then attached the Cupra R bit all before spraying??

its sprayed as one and fitted as one?

if so how the feck do you get it to fit??? clearly i must be attempting to put mine back on wrong as it just wouldnt go back on.

i started at Top (Above number plate) and worked down. should i have started at the bottom?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
The standard Diffuser Smee?? Whenever I put it back its from the top work your way round. Done it many times within 10mins

As far as I know, its fitted together off the car, then sprayed as one, then fitted back. Can you not bond the Lester diffuser to the OEM one?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
so when i tried to remove my current one i got to the first bend on each side. could see the clip was about to break so thought order a new one and push this one back on.

effectively this means i got to get the 2 clips on each side back in to the home they came from.

i can not see how you get both of them in as due to the lipped nature of the clip i dont see how you bend it without breaking it.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
The clip should not break tbh, done it a few times and it can be seen that the clip becomes a little weak at that point.

Try bending the diffuser a little bit and sliding the clips into the holes. Hard to explain tbh, if the weather wasnt bad I would have made a quick video to show removal and fitting but it really is easy mate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.