Help! Rear washer jet not hitting rear windscreen. What does yours look like?

zedwunare

Dec 4, 2008
I'm the owner of a 2008 Leon Cupra in South Africa where Leon's are dwindingly rare because SEAT came into South Africa and then pulled out after a few years.

The mechanic that I take it to managed to butcher and break my rear wiper arm which I have managed to replace, but I've noticed my washer jet either sprays too high and misses the windscreen when I have the wiper arm off, and if I put the wiper arm on, the spray is obscured by the wiper housing.

I suspect they broke the washer jet and replaced it with the wrong washer jet which doesn't fit flush and is too raised to work properly so I need to compare it to someone else's Leon.

Can you share a photo or tell me whether your rear wiper arm washer jet looks like this or not?

Attachments

• cupra-washer1.png
    cupra-washer1.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 24
  • cupra-washer2.jpg
    cupra-washer2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 20
  • cupra-washer3.jpg
    cupra-washer3.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 25

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Could be the jet off a regular Leon and the Cupra version has a slightly shorter version?

Mine looks just like that, but without measuring and comparing the parts it's tough to tell a difference.

Reactions: zedwunare

zedwunare

Dec 4, 2008
Could be the jet off a regular Leon and the Cupra version has a slightly shorter version?

Mine looks just like that, but without measuring and comparing the parts it's tough to tell a difference.

Thank you. Will try to figure it out, it feels to me like if the wider part of the washer jet nozzle fitted more flush then it would work perfectly but I have no other frame of reference and don't understand why the spray is not in the correct direction.

In this picture for another model of car, you can see the nozzle fits flush into the pipe part..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21.24.38.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21.24.38.png
    50 KB · Views: 21

zedwunare

Dec 4, 2008
Oh my goodness yes, this helps me. Thank you so much!

This means I either need to fiddle to get mine to seat deeper / flush - or the mechanic needs to find the right washer jet that sits in there properly. I wish I knew why they messed with the jet when they were trying to repair my wiper arm.

So frustrating, but thank you so much for confirming my thoughts - you're the best!

Reactions: R3k1355
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.