Duzza's Mk5 Cupra

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Background info;

October 09 I bought my 2004 Mk 4 Ibiza Fr TDI, I had that for about 2.5 years and did a few bits and pieces to it;

K&N Air filter
HID Headlights
Full LED bulb replacement
Bilstein B6 Dampers with custom lowering springs
Mk1 Octavia VRS alloys
Cupra Wing mirror covers
Black Vinyl wrapped Spoiler
Red Painted Calipers
Wind deflectors

149115_466809308928_706643928_5573450_8220782_n.jpg

I took a lot of these off before selling so I could re-use/ sell them on.

March 2012 - I bought my Candy White 2009 Ibiza Cupra, with standard Cupra spec.

The guy that owned it before me had fitted a Forge BOV, 17" aftermarket alloys (I don't know the brand, maybe someone can tell from the pic), tinted windows front and rear and also tinted tail lights (which I got the seller to replace straight away with new ones).

Pre-buy1.jpg

Pre-buy2.jpg

Pre-buy3.jpg

Pre-buy5.jpg

I am extremely happy with the car :D, and started thinking of mods to do straight away. I'll update with these below

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Took a few pics with it on the drive and with it all lit up at night :);

Cupra7.jpg

The headlights bulbs look decent, but I'd already planned to re-fit my HID kit;
HID-Before.jpg

Tail light out lol;
Cupra9.jpg

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Finished work early enough, so I thought I'd put my VRS wheels on and see what they'd look like. Just needed to find someone to powdercoat them in gloss black to match the rest of the Cupra trim.

Cupra5.jpg

Not long after this picture the seals in both front dampers went and all the oil came out :(:no:

So I had over a week of bouncing on the springs before Seat could book me in, luckily it was all done under warranty :D

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Looks good that, what are the future plans?

FYI, the wheels are Konig Lightning Black

Thanks mate, that will probably help me sell them on more easily now I know.

I've got a few things on my shopping list so far! lol

• Stage 1 Remap (not sure which company's yet, who did your's?)
  • Exhaust replacement
  • Fitting my Seat sport spoiler and having that and the roof wrapped gloss black
  • Replacing my 'AUX only' Head unit it with an all singing all dancing Pioneer one
  • I will be lowering it at some point, but that'll be when I get around to taking all the measurements - static load, spring length at static so I can make another custom lowering kit.
  • Full airbox replacement filter instead of my K & N internal

I'll list the rest when I remember haha, its getting to that time of night where my brain isn't functioning as well :lol:

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Received my K&N in box replacement Air filter;

https://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx?type=auto&year=2009&make=SEAT&model=Ibiza+V&engine=1.4L

Thought I might aswell fit my HID kit and LED sidelight bulbs whilst the bonnet was up, which was all extremely easy! and within the hour everything was finished[B)]

You can't really see the sidelights on here as the Dipped beam bulbs are so bright but I think it looks a lot better :), the Konig wheels had been re-fitted aswell until I had found someone to paint them;

HIDAfter2.jpg

HIDAfter1.jpg

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Finally found someone to paint my wheels! :D £150 for four wheels didn't sound bad to me

Cupra19.jpg

IMG_20120420_072119.jpg

So much better than the Konig ones :)

I took a few pics with when the wheels were in the back... Who needs lowering kits? Haha..

Cupra30.jpg

Cupra27.jpg

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Nice car you got there buddy...I like the hid kit. The 5-0 pulled you over for it yet? Since its illegal unless you have washer jets and auto levelling...I want hid kit on mine but can't be arsed if Im gonna get pulled over a lot :(

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Nice car you got there buddy...I like the hid kit. The 5-0 pulled you over for it yet? Since its illegal unless you have washer jets and auto levelling...I want hid kit on mine but can't be arsed if Im gonna get pulled over a lot :(

It's not buddy, you can have HIDs fitted and the levellers and washer have to work IF they are installed. If they aren't then it isn't a problem.

It's a very grey area but at the moment those are the rules

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Looking good mate! the VRS Wheels go well with it.

You wont regret getting it mapped.

Jay

Cheers mate, I'm so glad I bought them! Almost 3 years ago :lol:

I think they suit the lines on the car way better than they ever did on my Mk 4, I think multispoke wheels seem to suit almost every Ibiza :D.

That part I can't wait for either.. I think next it will be fitment of my Seat Sport spoiler and roof wrapping and then the MAP. I was on the motorway in the early hours of Sunday morning, and I won't declare my speed (just incase haha) but at top end you can feel its not pulling as much as it could do.

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham

Thanks buddy, its a huge improvement from the standard bulbs and definately worth doing they are extemely east to fit aswell. I thought in the you'd have to mess about with loads of wiring but theres only the cable from that plugs into the standard bulb socket, they then go into the transformer and the wire from there is conected to the HID bulb which fits as normal in the holder. The only thing you have to do is cut a hole in the back of the removable headlight cover and this is then plugged by a rubber gromit/ seal that the wiring runs through the centre of. Easy! :D lol

No trouble whatsoever mate, I had them on my Mk 4 for over a year. Its as Loz said, they are legal, but I'm not sure where the law stands on the colour(temperature) of the bulbs though, as in UK lighting regulations you can't have blue bulbs fitted on the car. But some of the higher temp bulbs are blue, I'll try and find out at some point

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Wheels on car;

Car goes up with not so nice aftermarket wheels on
IMG_20120420_072329.jpg

Car comes down with OE shiny black VRS wheels on :D:funk:

IMG_20120420_080155.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get some smokes side repeater lenses from?

IMG_20120420_080032.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.