Duzza's Mk5 Cupra

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Yeah I know blue isn't allowed...the ultra bulbs that I've got gives off a tiny hint off blue. Think ill def purchase some in the future after my major mods

What Wattage bulbs are they mate?

I'm just asking because before I bought my HID kit I was buying Ring's rally bulbs.. 100w with a slight blue tint but every month/ 2months one would blow and because they only came in pairs and it was £13 for a pair I decided to just bite the bullet and get a kit, which was £75, but definately worth every penny! :D

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Thought I'd have a little peak into the exhuast and tbh I wish I hadn't, what a rusty mess!

I'd much rather it have the exhaust tips from the Fabs VRS or Polo GTi sticking out the centre.

Cupra12.jpg

Definately going to be more of a priority now, especially when I have it remapped.

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Next mod;

Ordered some wind deflectors and when the arrived they'd had broken in two... not happy! [:@]

IMG_20120502_144801.jpg

IMG_20120502_144819.jpg

On the upside I now have my Seat Sport spoiler! :D, and hopefully I'll have replacement wind deflectors this week.

IMG_20120419_213450.jpg

I was thinking about having the spoiler painted white to match the body work but I'd much rather have it gloss black along with the roof and the original spoiler. Been quoted £125 for the whole lot, but I need to get a fitment price from Seat and also ask them which bits can't be wrapped so that the glue cures to the spoiler and not vinyl.
Should have this all done first week in June seen as how I've booked it off :D.. fingers crossed for great weather!:yes:

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
nice cupra you got there mate, yeah your old wheels are konig wheels not seen them around for a few years. where abouts in rotherham you from? i'll keep a look out for when i'm around rotherham.

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
I'm not sure what wattage they are mate, ill have a look later for you. Ive had these bulbs for about 5 months and they're going strong still. Not that expensive either. With the exhaust, if you want a different tip then best to get powerflow exhaust as a few people have differents tips unless you just want the actual tip and not a new exhaust. Getting myself a milltek soon off fleshers boc on here :D. Hope you're sending the deflectors back and getting a new one...stupid couriers not taking care!
With the spoiler, most people and myself have wrapped their roof (mine is carbon fibre wrapped) and they wrapped the spoiler as well but painted the tips as its hard to wrap, or you can hurt paint the tips if you're not wrapping

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Love what you have done so far!

The wheels look a lot better too.
What a pain in the arse about the deflectors though.

Hope you get the others soon.

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
nice cupra you got there mate, yeah your old wheels are konig wheels not seen them around for a few years. where abouts in rotherham you from? i'll keep a look out for when i'm around rotherham.

Hi mate, thanks!

Ill be sticking them on gumtree soon I think, the guy who was supposed to be buying them from me has let me down due to him not bothering to find out his pcd before telling me he wanted them.

Do you know Woodlaithes? The new estate behind Sunnyside, just down the road from Wickersley. Where abouts in Sheffield do you live? I work down at Walesbar, just up the road from the LUK factory, so I end up heading into Sheff every now and again.

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
@Yaue10

Ok cheers mate, I think my HID bulbs are only 35W, so obviously there's a slight power saving there lol.

Where did you get you LED 501's from (sidelights) so far I've re-used the ones I had in my Mk4 but obv we have 4 in total so I'm after buying two more. Also do you get the bulb warning? I know if you fit a resistor in series with the bulb it doesn't come up, but I was getting the warning, but for some reason when I switched them on earlier today it didn't happen and hasn't since, I'm not complaining though! haha, touch wood it will stay off.

I saw on your thread mate, brilliant price lol! I think I'm going to atleast replace the backbox, maybe the whole exhaust.. but in the mean time if I can find a decent price for a tip I might do that and get the Vinyl guys to wrap my rear diffuser as well, like the REVO Cupra.

Yes, they went straight back. To be honest they were poorly packed as well which didn't help, but we get complaints occasionally from our customers about how parcels have turned up after the couriers have had their 'fun' with them. Just got to wait for them to process the return now, which is a bit frustrating seen as how I actually pay for them early in April [:@].

Last edited:

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Love what you have done so far!

The wheels look a lot better too.
What a pain in the arse about the deflectors though.

Hope you get the others soon.

Hey Char,

Thanks fellow white Mk5 owner :) lol.

What're the plans for your's next? Mine should be all the wrapping :D

Yeh I know what a bummer! But I'll have replacements soon anyways and then I'll stick some pics on, and thankyou :)

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
The dipped bulbs are 55w which I got from ebay as well as the sidelights. The sidelights aren't LED so i don't get the warnings, they're just normal halogen bulbs, but I've read somewhere that you can have LED bulbs as long as either the dipped or the sidelights are normal halogen, I can't remember which though.

I was thinking of wrapping my diffusor but just couldn't be arsed so just leaving it now as I need the money for the other mods. I do like the gloss black diffusor but just wouldn't go with my theme :(. Powerflow do the cat back exhaust for around 300 (so I've read anyways) and you get the extra bit of grunt.

I don't know whether to go for the wind deflectors on mine...one day I would want it but then another I don't lol. Hope you get the deflectors intact this time lol

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Nice weather = Car wash. Simple maths :)
..and it lead to me doing my most important mod so far! (See below)

IMG_20120512_161409-1.jpg

IMG_20120512_161421-1.jpg

IMG_20120512_161446-1.jpg

Drum roll please......

My Cupra's Tow-eye mascot (Now I just need to make it fly like a Tie-fighter! Remap needed:D;

IMG_20120511_111436.jpg

IMG_20120513_182133.jpg

IMG_20120513_182124.jpg

IMG_20120513_182104.jpg

Last edited:

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Lol that looks pretty wicked mate, char will be happy with that as she has a storm trooper fetish :p

Haha, I aim to impress mate ;) lol. Hopefully the force is now with me :D
Not bad for a fiver + P&P.. I'm sure it'll be ready for a wash in not took long haha.

I don't suppose you know of any Seat OE mudflaps do you? My Mk 4 FR had the short ones already built in and they were very effective at catching all the water and muck that my rear wheels were trying to throw all over the boot.

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
HAHA! Do love the storm troopers ;) Although I don't have the sticker of a stormtrooper on my car anymore. It was peeling off so just took it all off.

Not sure what is next for mine really apart from rear spacers. Eventually a FR bumper would be nice, better exhaust and cupra lights. Possibly vinyl the roof.

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
I've already got my yellow mascot hehe (npower yellow flame)

I think there are mudflaps for the mk5...speak to Dave (Seres) for oem parts as everyone uses him on here

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

You'll have to put a pic on here mate, mine wouldn't clip on the towing eye so I had to bodge it with an elastic badge and a tiewrap, its like something from bluepeter haha

Hopefully he can find some, I'd look on ETKA but I can't be bothered, not tonight anyway lol

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
Hi mate, thanks!

Ill be sticking them on gumtree soon I think, the guy who was supposed to be buying them from me has let me down due to him not bothering to find out his pcd before telling me he wanted them.

Do you know Woodlaithes? The new estate behind Sunnyside, just down the road from Wickersley. Where abouts in Sheffield do you live? I work down at Walesbar, just up the road from the LUK factory, so I end up heading into Sheff every now and again.

yeah mate i know where wickerley is in rotherham, i live in chapeltown but i work at crystal peaks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise