Altea Freetrack 4 Specifications

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Yes, read that, but also saw this http://www.cars-data.com/en/seat-altea-freetrack-20-tdi-140hp-4wd-140hp-13935/specs.html

Which suggests headlamp washers were optional?

I could do with the Forum Freetrack owners to confirm that the car does have them or maybe they do not? If the washers were an option.

I have just purchased a Freetrack and need to know a) Do I have them and b) how to I operate them, the owners manual suggests they trigger off the front wiper jets when you have instigated a front screen wash (suggests for a minimum of 1.5seconds with lights on) Have tried this with No success?

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
That's basically it - lights on full dipped beam, pull on the washer stalk & the headlamp washers will fire.

If they're anything like the ones on my old Leon - they'll just whip through the water in the tank in no time and didn't actually wash anything.

Parkers was UK spec, not sure on the other - so I'd have a look at your fuses, and get someone to stand outside when you pull the stalk incase they 'work' but no water comes out

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Tried all that, with the window down, haven't seen anything appear to come out of the Bumper? Looked at the fusebox, manual suggest fuse 52 (20A -Yellow), The box has a fuse in 52 which I looked at and replaced A YELLOW 20A one as it states in the Hbook, It's a strange one as 2 fuses along in 50 is a Blue Fuse (15A) however the manual suggests otherwise?? so has me thinking am I on the right fuse. I am wondering if 52 is the right fuse for them? or am I barking up the wrong tree.
Now thinking maybe the car does not have then and they were indeed fitted to the Freetrack as options?

Need the freetrack owners to confirm.

Last edited:

FreetrackDMC

I believe they are standard on Freetracks.
Sounds silly but the only way i know mine are working is because one night driving down a dark country lane i put my windscreen washers on and the road went dark for a second as the headlights washers sprayed them - nearly ended up in a ditch so don't do it when going around a bend!

Alibearb

Hi, my Freetrack headlamp washers stopped working after we had loads of snow and ice last year, the fuse had blown. I presume they had tried to work but the ice had frozen them shut so the fuse blew. They should always work whenever you have either the headlights or sidelights on and you wash the windscreen. This can be annoying sometimes as it gets through your screen wash at quite a rate of knots, it would have been nice to have the option of using them. Best renew the fuse and keep them clear of ice.

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
headlamp washers

Got this sorted, basically they had been disabled in the cars software, the BCM needed a quick update and now fully functional. they have been set to always clean the headlights after every 5 cleans of using washer jets on your windscreen, not sure if this the default but this is how they were reset to.

Last edited:

Markyar

To my knowledge the headlamp washers were part of the optional Winter Pack

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
All UK Freetracks had them. They only work with the lights on as I found out to my embarassment at the dealers and they are sensitive to getting blocked with snow/ice etc which will blow the fuse

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Just viewed a Freetrack and noticed it had BlueTooth. Is this std too?

There is no mention in the add for the car and the link above to the Parkers site doesn't mention it either.

Alibearb

I'm pretty sure Bluetooth was an option, mine dosn't have it but I get by with a cheap thing plugged into the cigarette lighter which works great.

Alibearb

If you mean the one in the instrument binnacle where the petrol and temp gauges are then no mine has the smaller one. Only those with Bluetooth have a larger one. You can also tell those with Bluetooth as there is a telephone button on the steering wheel in place of one or more of the stereo buttons.

MrDurst

Oct 4, 2013
Mine doesn't have bluetooth and does have washer jets. It's completely standard as far as I'm aware.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Should the Freetracks have a dual tone horn?

One I viewed on Sunday had a weedy tone to it, just wondering if one of the horns had failed.