VAG-COM Yippee

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Bought my VAG-COM off fleebay which I will post a link to £57.99 off a guy in huddersfield.

And managed a needle sweep :)
uqy6ugyr.jpg

Also disabled cornering fog lights when indicating, reversing etc and put digital MPH on aswell only took 5 mins :)

However after changing my needle sweep I did a fault test and came up with this fault
09-Cent Elec - Status Malfunction 0010

Fault found 1
00185 - Control Circuit. Relay for supply voltage Terminal 15
012- Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermitent.

I never had this fault before and looks like it happened after I changed my needle sweep. Can you VAG-COM pros help me out.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
That's awesome, mate. I see the your dashboard lights turn off when needle sweep is activated like it does on mine, I wonder why it doesn't do that in the Golf?

blueturbo

It looks great can you give us the instructions to do it and did you manage to clear the fault code?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Nice one. I did the same on mine. I also made the heated mirrors stay on longer too. I found that they never really dry out on the factory setting.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Yeah I saw you posted somewhere nath saying it let you choose from 1-600 but can actually only put it to 265 or something's like that. I just followed post on here and somebody on YouTube doing some with a Octavia. I will try and get links for you guys.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
I believe all the cars show "central elec" fault code, it's one of the "ghost" fault codes that don't mean anything? All the cars I have plugged my VCDS into ( Inc my FR and golf) have shown the same so that's nothing to worry about. Not sure about the others though
Anyway you forgot to do the 2 best mods with vagcom.. XDS to strong and enable the brake booster :)

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
In the ABS module matey, the XDS is in there and you need to set it to " 2". The brake booster is in there also, it makes the brake pedal feel firmer and boosts the signal sent to the brakes from the pedal so they are more responsive and stop quicker when you are booting it! :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Its only a subtle difference its nothing major but you can feel the difference, if you don't like it just switch it back as it only takes a few seconds :) XDS setting to strong is the game changer though

Deleted member 74601

Benji is right about the interior monitoring sensors being a common fault. They're to do with sensing movement for the alarm. They just come up with an implausible signal every now and then but still work.

If you want to test, sit in the car and lock it with the key. Flail your arms about until the alarm goes off. If it doesn't go off you might want to look into it.