TopManTs Ibiza Sport 1.4 5DR

TopManTaz

Hi all, just creating a RR thread.

I bought my first car which is a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sport MK5 aged 18 last April, kept it pretty bog standard tbh, after a year and a half of ownership I'm looking to make a few subtle changes mostly styling mods as I know not much can be achieved by engine tuning wise.

Classic Emoción Red Paint job
Standard goodies such as AC, headunit, with USB & AUX, Radio stalk control, adaptive cornering fog lights etc..
17" Saga Alloys in standard colour

Car in current state -

Mods so far:

Matte Silver Side Mirrors

Fr Honeycombe Grill -

'SEAT Sport' Number plate surrounds from CreationsMotorsports -

Planned mods in the near future:

FR Honeycombe Grill – Done (Thanks SereMotors via Ebay) :thumbup:
White LED lights all-round (Number plate, Sidelights, dipped, full, interior/boot) -
Armrest -
Personal Registration - Done
Pressed plates – May wait until I get a private plate Done
‘SEAT Sport’ Number plate surrounds - Done (CreationsMotorsports) :thumbup:
K&N/ Pipercross panel filter -
Custom exhaust - Maybe
Light Tints rear 3 - Maybe

On the hunt for some fairly cheap Aera alloys, but looking like it's impossible!

Ideas/recommendations welcome! :)

Pics of progress soon to follow

Last edited by a moderator:

TopManTaz

Quick update - FR Honeycombe grill arrived today from SEREmotors today, will be fitted tomorrow! Keep an eye out for updates :)

Last edited by a moderator:

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Look forward to the updates!! The grille looks how the new style are.

Really like the wing mirrors. I'm going to order some vinyl wrap and do mine that way. Your wheels look smart too mate. :)

TopManTaz

Yeah this is the grill that came with the pre facelift MK5 FR's.

:thumbup:

What colour side mirrors you gonna go for?
Thanks, in need of a refurb though lol

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Matte Silver for the mirrors. Going to lower it 45mm and then maybe plasti dip the wheels in white for the winter to protect them.

TopManTaz

Update -
Couple pics whilst fitting the FR honeycombe grill.
Before -

During -

After -

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Much better. Amazes me how manycar companies have miss match grilles. Just a money making thing I guess.

TopManTaz

Yeah, FR grill just sets the car off now. :)

Update - 'SEAT Sport' number plate surrounds from Creations Motorsport arrived today! :) Came in a set of two but only fitting one on the rear, may sell the other.

Fitted -

New registration ordered, waiting for paperwork and will order some pressed plates to complete the look.. current rear plate has holes :thumbd:

TopManTaz

Alright mate. Amazin car for your age! How did you manage to get your mirrors silver? Did you just paint them?

Cheers mate! and changed them from stock to the matte silver ones, got the from local dealership, come in matte finish and in chrome

TopManTaz

Personal Pressed Plates

UPDATE -
Not been online in a while, few things done now since...
New Registration is now on, ordered white lights all round.

During -
Removed old plastic plates, sticky strip stayed on the bumper, just used some Autogylm intensive tar remover and rubbed off.

Rear - (Was to eager to put them on, just out of bed look)

Front -

Quick Wash -

Typical.. Ordered white bulbs over the weekend and notice a headlight bulb is gone the next day! Temp bulb in now, waiting on delivery now.. will post more pics when installed.. bust few days ahead before moving to uni!

TopManTaz

Update -
New bulbs have arrived, order CANBUS SMD ones but an error light still come on! :wtf: think it might be the cheap 501s.

Sidelights -

Dipped - (can't really see the difference on the pic)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise