Maundys ibiza cupra tdi 6l

maundy26

Hi all. I have recently bought a ibiza mk4 cupra tdi in red. had the car at a good price with full service history , 2 keys , original reciept etc. The car has been remapped before i have had it but it seems to be badly done , so that will be sorted sooner rather than later.
So far i have given the car a full service with genuine parts all with a broken leg :p

After this was done it was a case of i have some money left from selling my previous car so lets do some subtle bits and bobs. 1st was a must.

20mm hub centric wheel spacers for the rears , also fitting rear caliper springs to the handbrake set up ready for the winter.

I only had one after shot with them on its a poor one :(

Few days pass of no fiddling with the car untill i buy some fr grills. The only problem is i bought the wrong colour ones. So a bit of pimp my grill was required so i sprayed them to the correct colour

To

I then decided to have a go at changing the colour of the lip of my bumper.

A trip to B&Q for black kitchen cupboard vinyl and for £7 is a good price to have a go myself. 1st attempt was a disaster so a tantrum occurred. 2nd attempt was better

And the final result came out ok

I then had to tackle the wheels. The last owner loved curbs and god only knows what else , So a refurbish had to be done. I wanted them to match dark gray plastics on the car. Cost me £250 to be done with new tyres fitted. They came back looking amazing after the place told me he had to make up the colour to match. Here are the pics of them on the car.

So thats my car up to date. I have ordered some new headlight bulbs in time for winter and pressed plates for it. I will update when my gifts come.

Thanks for reading.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Looks good. Really like red mk4's, look brilliant when cleaned up well and polished. Give her a good polish up and stick up some more pics, love them polished up.
What else you got planned?

maundy26

i shall be giving it a good wax and polish on it before winter comes. i would like to lower the car but i think i would fit springs and i would have to work out if it will go down my drive way as all my previous lowered cars cant get down there making working / cleaning it a pain out on the road , so we shall see about that. I am also thinking a trip to r tech to sort out the bad map on it and put it right. i do fancy the front splitter for them but everyone has the same one so i would like something different.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Springs are good on the mk4 platform, they look to be a pita to get sitting right with coilies (from looking at others cars on here). The problem with a splitter is that the only one that suits them is the lcr, unless you could find a really subtle aftermarket splitter.
Thats the same place who mapped my car (before i bought it) and mine runs a very healthy map. Running over 300bhp on a very unusual setup for the 1.8t and they have set it up brilliantly. Id say go there any day bud

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

maundy26

ye mate i think springs are the way forward. i dont want it to be harsh as on long drives you are destroyed. i did have koni coilovers on my mk4 anniversary golf and that ride was nice , but they was not cheap so i wont be doing that on this. I have seen someone on here use garage door seal to make a lip for the car and it looks really good but his was the fr so the bottom of the bumper ( looks different ) as mine goes up in the middle and the fr dont. so i dont think it will fit on too well. :( I have had another car mapped by r tech and they done a good job. I bet 300 bhp is fun in such a small car too :p

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Yeah coilovers are way too harsh i have to agree. Nearly every car i have owned ive put on coilovers but with my mk3 ibiza ive just used springs so that i dont destroy the handling. Ahh ok i never seen that, creative thinking though!
Haha yeah 300bhp is good when the wee one aint in the back haha

sent from my tapatalk cos my laptops gay now Free

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Does look tidy but yeah i can imagine it being bouncy.
Erm no dif as of yet, in the dry it puts power down come 3rd or if your gentleish in 2nd, in the wet theres no point trying. I can take it easy up to 5th gear, plant it in 5th and it will just spin and pull me across the road

sent from my tapatalk cos my laptops gay now Free

maundy26

i have been doing some mpg hunting today and averaged this over 57 miles

not bad considering its remapped to 199bhp and 346lbs. loads of work been done lately. Its had a decat , and remap at r tech. I have taken a gamble and wrapped the fogs in yellow vinyl. Today as long as the weather holds off i have got new mats to go in as mine as wrecked. so a good clean inside and out. outside i am planning to wash, clay bar , polish and then wax it all before winter comes in. i shall get some more pics up later of before and after. until then here is one along side a scooby.

Last edited:

maundy26

Ok so after a long day cleaning from 9am until 6pm the car is lovely and clean inside and out. i ordered new mats for it as the original ones are still in there and have holes in.

here is a photo of before the clean.

then after a shampoo , clay bar , polish then wax looks like this

I also forgot to add that my polishing rag that i was using decided it wanted to jump into my bucket of dirty water before i was done with him , resulting a trip to the shop to buy more!

I dont know what else to do to the car now i know its screaming out for lowering springs / coilovers but i dont really fancy lowering it as i wont be able to get down my driveway or over the speedbumps in my area. any suggestions on things i could do to it?

Thanks all!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise